This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Associates degree in a technical field or equivalent with relevant and progressive workexperience and 5 years related experience. A minimum of 3 years of experience in a support position or role in an information environment. May be required to submit to a federal background investigation.
- Analyzes and remediates problems involving: operating systems, database systems, applications and other technologies.
- Troubleshoots system components and recommends improvements in support of an efficient, highly available center operation.
- Designs and implements data system components under the direction of Managers and other levels of System Engineers.
- Works to identify and propose innovative and creative solutions that enhance or increase the efficiency of the services provided by Information Resources to the campus community.
- Develops and reviews specifications for data system components and services.
- Assists in the development of test plans and documentation of recovery procedures.
- Assists with the development of guidelines related to the installation of operating systems, database software and other application systems.
- Provide support for Call Center (HEAT) incidents.
- Identifies and analyzes that impact of system security vulnerabilities in relation to the enterprise environment.
- Assists with responses to security incidents to prevent additional loss and obtains and preserves forensic evidence.
- Remains knowledgeable of changes in technology, industry practices, and state and federal regulatory requirements including FISMA, NIST FIPS, and other relevant publications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supervise lower grade level staff on day to day NOC Operations
- Conduct weekly staff meetings
- Coordinate NOC projects with internal and external teams
- Manage floor and rack resources for Data Hall, ARDC, MMB and other spaces associated with Data Center.
- Server Hardware support for Data Center
- Cable and Fiber management for Data Center spaces
- Working with Colocation Customers and Colocation Space.
Must be a Certified Data Center Management Professional (CDCMP certification)
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.