The Twilio Solutions Engineer is responsible for delivering the technical win and product fit at customer accounts. They build customer trust in Twilio solutions, which results in customer success in the post-sale. The Solutions Engineer leads the technical pre-sales relationship, proposes technical architectures, demonstrates the product, anticipates concerns, and offers creative solutions.
The Twilio Solutions Engineer is both highly technical and a skilled relationship builder. They are comfortable showing an engaging communications experience to a CEO or sketching out an API flow on a whiteboard with customer software engineers.
Twilio is looking for an Enterprise Solutions Engineer with a strong desire to work in a technical pre-sales role.
- 5 plus years pre-sales experience selling complex, technical products.
- Excellent communicator and presenter able to gain audience confidence
- Hands-on, high-energy, passionate and creative problem solver with know how to get things done and ability to lead others to success
- Ability to build a deep understanding of a customer’s communications needs and guide them to a technical solution
- Previous software development experience in one or more of the following areas:
- backend (Java, C#, Node.js, Python, PHP)
- Experience building with REST APIs
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure) and cloud application architecture.
- Previous experience in Telecom, SIP, Contact Center, or Security is a plus.
Twilio Solutions Engineers get to live our values every day.
- DRAW THE OWL: Build and present product demos to help showcase what a Twilio product can do, assist customers with Pilot and Proof-of-Concept implementations, present creative new solutions that enable and inspire innovation
- DON'T SETTLE: Never stop learning new products and new technologies, expect the best from yourself
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Form a deep understanding of their business and the problems they’re trying to solve, keep asking probing questions
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Build trusted advisor relationships with customers, work alongside Twilio Account Executives through the pre-sales process, to strategize and plan for deal success, educate and mentor customers and colleagues
- BE BOLD: Don’t be afraid to take that big idea and run with it