The Enterprise Solution Architect is the critical technical leader that defines all architecture related aspects on technology & business projects. This role is a critical in driving the Smithfield digital transformation, offering a strategic blend of enterprise and solution architecture to the organization. The Enterprise Solution Architect ensures that technology solutions support the organization's targeted business outcomes, delivers new capabilities and aligns with enterprise technology standards. The Enterprise Solution Architect is a leader in researching, reviewing, and recommending new and innovative technology solutions from the perspective of techniques, methods, design patterns, integration, security, and technical fit with existing systems. The Enterprise Solution Architect develops pioneering roadmaps and blueprints that establish the direction for managing the organization's application portfolio. These roadmaps and blueprints merge the "as is" with the "to be" architecture — including APIs, cloud infrastructure, data and application services to deliver cost-effective, reusable and flexible solution platforms.
*This role can be based out of our Smithfield, VA, Lisle, IL or Kansas City, KC office.*
- Understand business drivers and capabilities needed to determine enterprise solution architecture and deliver solutions to support the organization's targeted business outcomes.
- Lead the development of the solution architecture for a of strategic projects, partnering with Business Relationship Managers, Operations, Application Development, Infrastructure and Security teams to deliver a cohesive, forward-thinking and adaptable architecture.
- Provide consulting support to project teams to ensure the projects & solutions are aligned with the overall enterprise architecture view.
- Analyze & monitor industry trends, and emerging technologies to determine their potential impact on the enterprise architecture and current state portfolio.
- Develop principles, standards, and solution patterns to guide and govern the alignment of solutions with enterprise perspective.
- Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures or culture) and financial impact of the solutions architecture.
- Create the platform and solution architecture roadmaps to evolve the current state portfolio to the future state, utilizing flexible, adaptable and creative technology blueprints & patterns.
- Interface across business and technology areas to communicate goals, guidelines, directions, roadmaps, patterns and blueprints.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field and 8+ years of relevant architecture experience required
- Minimum of five years of experience in at least two IT disciplines - technical architecture, application development (web, mobile, etc.), integration architecture, information architecture, or business intelligence & analytics;
- Graduate Degree, preferred.
- Knowledge of either SAP, Azure technologies, integration platforms or cloud computing is considered a plus;
- Manufacturing, Distribution or CPG experience is considered a plus;
- Understanding of multiple business domains;
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent understanding of application development, infrastructure and network architecture;
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically;
- Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills that focus on teamwork, facilitation, collaboration, influence and negotiation;
- Excellent analytical & technical skills, displaying an exceptional breadth and depth of technology;
- Strong background in an Architecture discipline – Enterprise, Application, Solution, Technical;
- Ability to research, understand and apply new technologies and solutions;
- Self-directed and self-motivated, focused on operational excellence;
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, balancing change management and competing priorities;
- Ability to lead or participate in cross-cultural teams;
- Although much ofthe time work will be performed in an office environment, must be able to visit and comfortably work in a plant, warehouse, distribution center or other manufacturing facility.
- Travel approximately 20%, dependent on projects or other business priorities;
- Although much ofthe time work will be performed in an office environment, must be able to visit and comfortably work in a plant, warehouse, distribution center or other manufacturing facility;
- Location can be in anyone of three corporate offices – Lisle, IL, Kansas City, MO, or Smithfield, VA