DocuSign is growing fast and we are looking for people to join our high performance team who are excited to make a difference and help out wherever needed. The Solution Engineer for Public Sector will support the Enterprise sales team by helping to understand complex customer business problems and requirements and translate them into solutions leveraging DocuSign's platform. This position will be virtual and will require travel across the Western and Mid-Western US region.
This position is an Individual Contributor and reports to the Manager of Solution Engineering for Public Sector.
- Understand complex customer business problems within the US Public Sector – State & Local agencies
- Visualize customer internal systems and information topology
- Map customer problems and systems to DocuSign solutions
- Establish confidence in recommendations via product expertise, custom product demonstrations, technical phone calls, workflow outlines, RFP/RFI responses, product roadmap discussions & business process diagrams
- Articulate selected recommendations
- Deliver trusted, long-term, high ROI solutions
- Partner with sales to deliver on revenue plan
- Exhibit proficiency of the core platform, including all current and future features
- Leverage knowledge gained from production deployments and customer experiences
- Communicate as well as champion the methods, processes, and certifications which make DocuSign the most secure partner for eSignature transactions
- 5+ years' prior experience within a mid-market or Enterprise level pre-sales role selling SaaS solutions and concepts
- BS/BA degree or equivalent in relevant work experience
- Ability to travel 45% or more as needed
- 7+ years' prior pre-sales experience within an enterprise level SaaS offering, ideally cloud-based, selling into the Public Sector
- Proficient in delivering software demonstrations in-person and virtually
- Experience with technical business documentation like workflow diagrams, proposals, SOWs, RFPs and RFIs, etc.
- Proven experience working with employees at all levels of an organization
- Familiarity with Enterprise-class software systems like ERP, CRM, and ECM systems
- Familiarity w/system integration methods such as web services, SOAP APIs & REST APIs
- Familiarity with web-based solutions, website development, HTML, XML, and structured data
- Familiarity with electronic signature concepts a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills