The primary accountability of the Enterprise Solution Architect is to deliver commercially driven, process oriented, top-down technological solutions which will drive measurable business results, with a focus on quality, efficiency, repeatability, and cost. The Enterprise Solution Architect will work across the organization to drive the technical design to support Humacyte business today, while also looking ahead toward future needs.
This position reports to Associate Director, Information Technology
- Defines, designs, and manages application technology strategy and architecture to ensure alignment with technology industry standards, application technology roadmap, and business requirements.
- Research emerging technologies and solutions to best meet complex business needs and provides recommendations on best options for Humacyte.
- Using Subject Matter Expertise to represent and speak for IT and its work, e.g., presenting, explaining, promoting, defining, and negotiating with those within and outside the organization by making clear and convincing presentations to individuals and groups, by listening effectively and clarifying information, by partnering effectively on the design of automated systems and by facilitating an open exchange of ideas.
- Partners cross functionality to define and review business opportunities and requirements.
- Advises, educates, and consults leadership team on the costs and benefits of technology solutions.
- Communicates implications of architectural decisions, technology costs, benefits, and implementation requirements to leadership team.
- Subject Matter Expert in IT strategy. Recommends changes in process, policies, and standards as they relate to the architecture and design principles.
- Exhibits high level of professional flexibility and volunteering innovation and new ideas.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design and design patterns and their application
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work, both personally, as well as the team level
- Strong business acumen and ability to develop short and long-term strategic business plans.
- Strong communication skills (written/verbal) that demonstrate understanding of complex technical details, clarity of thought, and the ability to understand users and their needs.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across the organization.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Possess a positive roll-up-the-sleeves attitude and optimistic outlook
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner
- Strong ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with fluctuating priorities, and collaborate effectively with others
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to set own priorities in a timely manner
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability
- Basic computer skills required, such as knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must be able to work as needed to meet tight deadlines and at peak periods
- Self-motivated and organized critical thinker with solid interpersonal and business communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross functional team
- Adheres to company and facility specific policies and procedures, including SOP, training and meeting requirements
- Always observe safety precautions and regulations in all areas where duties are performed
- Responsible for reporting all safety hazards and potential unsafe working conditions
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or relevant field
- 12+ years of experience in defining and delivering business capabilities with enterprise solutions.
- Proven experience managing vendors and contracted resources.
- Experience with all aspects of ERP and cloud Platform implementation, including needs assessment, solution in, design and execution, preferably in a public company.
- Experience developing detailed technology architecture in coordination with business leadership and system users.
- Proven experience in shaping and delivering large projects related to Enterprise ERP, Finance, Manufacturing, Quality, Supply Chain, and Order Management.
- Practical experience with data warehousing, analytics, and visualization.
- Experience leading multiple large full lifecycle implementations
- Must have hands-on leadership on large-scale, complex project implementations with emphasis on designing and building personalized, mission-critical applications that help enterprises interact with customers and business partners.
- Stock Options
- 401k Plan with Matching
- Medical, Vision and Dental Plans
- Long Term/Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 23 Days Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Policies