The Enterprise Software Architect is an advanced individual contributor with an overall competency in the bank's key technological areas including but not limited to the Bank’s API strategy. They have extensive latitude for independent judgment and work with executives to develop the technology roadmap and understand the various business strategies including the monetization of open banking services. This includes providing a high degree of team leadership through complex projects while working with and teaching less experienced peers. Often, they will need to implement a process-based approach to meeting the organizational goals.
- Architect, design, document, secure, and provide governance to Umpqua Bank’s complex API environment using APIM to enable open banking services to the Cloud
- Collaborate with all levels of the bank, up to and including executive management, on the bank's technology direction and business goals.
- Leverage advanced knowledge and skills to define systems requirements based on user needs, costs, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms.
- Act as an advisor to all technology groups, and the bank, when new technologies or business needs are identified.
- Provide an architectural framework for information system development, maintenance, and enhancement efforts.
- Understand user and process requirements and ensure those requirements can be achieved through high quality deliverables.
- Work closely with developers and engineers to develop road maps for applications, align development plans, and to ensure effective integration among information systems and the IT infrastructure.
- Monitor technological advancements to ensure that solutions are continuously improved, supported, and aligned with industry and company standards as well as emerging business requirements.
- Understand the interactions between systems, applications, and services within the environment, and evaluate the impact of changes or additions.
- Analyze systems to ensure performance and reliability, enhance scalability, and meet security requirements.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures regarding Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations as applicable to this job description.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, related field or equivalent work experience.
- 10-14 years of experience in analysis, design, development, or application deployment
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a systems architect with at least 2 years of experience with API management in Azure.
- Previous experience with SAAS or monetizing applications.
- Competent in reviewing system and application designs to ensure compliance and consistency with the businesses strategic direction.
- Possesses organizational skills to identify and track architectural issues to resolution.
- Has in-depth knowledge and competency in the bank's key technological areas within the total computing environment and how various hardware, software and telecommunications components impact the overall environment.
- Must be proficient with contingency and disaster recovery procedures.
- A collaborative professional who can build effective partnerships with technical and non-technical leaders.
- A respected leader who can lead and grow the next generation of architects.
- Must be able to foresee risks and communicate and plan appropriate mitigation.
- Strong oral and written communicator who can build cooperative relationships with people to communicate the business value of technology.