Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The global Information Technology (IT) Function is leading efforts to align IT and Business Strategy, leverage IT investments, and optimize end to end business processes and associated information integration technologies. Through these efforts, IT helps to improve the competitive position of Corning's businesses through IT enabled processes. IT also delivers Information Technology applications, infrastructure, and project services in a cost efficient manner to Corning worldwide.
The Enterprise Security Architect will be a member of Corning Information Security organization and will be responsible for design, maintenance, and full deployment of Corning’s enterprise security architecture.
- Define and recommend future enterprise IT security technology strategy, direction, and roadmaps
- Design, architect, and deploy solutions to meet Corning’s security needs
- Regularly investigate and analyze changes in the technology landscape to identify potential opportunities to improve IT security capabilities and their impact on business performance
- Collaborate with Business Engagement and Service Lines to understand Corning’s business processes and identify when, where and how new or current IT security capabilities can be best leveraged to enable them
- Maintain updated documentation on current state architecture and roadmaps
- Maintain compliance with established and emerging standards, including regulatory requirements, through collaboration with stakeholders in IT service lines, Compliance, Data Privacy, and Information Security; participate on architecture review board
- Co-ordinate activities and solution delivery with stakeholders in infrastructure, network, application, and cloud teams
- Set strategic direction for IT security services that is aligned with the needs and plans of business partners across Corning.
- Research and identify key business trends and service consumption patterns to map product/service investments, technology refresh plans and retirement timelines.
- Develop and apply expertise to help solve complex technical problems and ensure optimal architecture solutions are implemented, while maintaining alignment within the needs of both the business and IT security strategies.
- Investigate and understand emerging and evolving technologies and provide guidance and expertise to Corning leadership regarding future solutions.
- Identify, assess and control IT-related risks to the security, confidentiality, integrity, privacy and availability of Corning's information assets, data and IT services, while maintaining compliance with internal and external standards, frameworks, policies and requirements, including regulatory compliance, through effective and efficient methodologies and solutions.
- Communicate and engage across multiple constituencies in a way that influences service outcomes and steers toward change objectives.
- Manage the deployment of change while taking into account structural, strategic and cultural issues.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Security or related field
- Security certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CEH
- Architecture certification such as TOGAF, SABSA
- 5+ years experience in security architecture, preferably for a global organization
- Experience with or knowledge of NIST 800 series, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, NIST 800-171
- Experience with enterprise firewalls, local and wide area network security, web proxies, SD-WAN, wireless network security, IPS/IDS
- Experience with endpoint and mobile security solutions, anti-malware, detection and response, software deployment, endpoint management, mobile device management, mobile application management
- Experience with data protection solutions, digital rights management, data classification, data loss prevention
- Experience with multi-cloud environments including IaaS, Paas, and SaaS and their respective security implementations
- Experience with identity and access management solutions including directory services (on-prem and cloud), multi-factor authentication, credential & secrets management, privilege account management
- Experience with DevOps/DevSecOps including infrastructure as code, security scanning, and toolchain security
- Experience with security logging and monitoring and threat and vulnerability management tool
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.