The Enterprise Scheduler Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing and supporting anEnterprise Scheduler environment that will support multiple applications. Must be able to illustrate subject matter expertise in the workload automation space with a complete knowledge of the enterprise scheduler environment. Execute best practices to ensure high availability for the application environments. Responsible for delivering business automation improvements and maximizing the utilization of Enterprise Scheduling This individual will develop, implement, and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent Enterprise Scheduler Best Practices that meets application performance and uptime requirements. The Enterprise Scheduler Engineer is also responsible for capacity planning, performance analysis, and developing business continuity recovery plans.
- Application Level Monitoring
- Able to dissect logs and troubleshooting.
- Work with Monitor team to establish Enterprise scheduler health checks
- Job CreationCreate job workflows with support of OS and Application teams
- Help create SLA reporting
- Infrastructure Design
- Design enterprise scheduler deployment per customer requirements
- Perform capacity planning analysis and other needs assessments as requested by upper management.
- Design Scheduler DR solution
- Deploy software fixpacks and assist in infrastructure maintenance
- Software patch installs for Autosys, Control-m, or Rundeck
- Maintain Scheduler Lifecycle
- Enable and disable application monitors as needed.
- Documentation and Process design
- Create high level workflows for job execution and handling
- Work with support desk to document event response procedures
- Experience with modern enterprise scheduling applications such as Control-M, Autosys, Rundeck, etc…
- Experience with Windows
- Strong Linux Experience
- Strong Linux/Unix/Windows scripting background
- Exposure to managing a multi-tiered app.
- Ability to dissect/analyze a problem and focus on an issue engage/escalate issues to ensure site availability.
- Attention to detail and focus are a must.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.