You should be a creative thinker who has a repeatable methodology of deep customer relations and the ability to think outside the box. We want a fearless sales athlete who has proven they can exist in a competitive, team centric environment that doesn’t want to lose and plays above the rim. Do you have a proven track record of being the CEO of your territory, taking full responsibility for the performance against plan. This includes a methodology around territory/account management, constant urgency, successful time management and ability to work across departments internally.
The Apptio Enterprise Field Sales Organization is a curious, urgent and high-spirited group of people looking to build long-standing relationships with our customers, prospects and partners. Our passion is only matched by our conviction of what the Apptio portfolio can bring to World Class IT and Finance organizations. Focused on results, we are committed to continuously improve and adapt to the key needs of our customers. We win if our customers win.
What we want you to do:
The Enterprise Sales Representative is an individual contributor sales role responsible for driving new subscription revenue opportunities within the Central region. This is a field-based role and this position is supported by the field-based pre-sales technical organization. This highly complex sales effort combines deep IT operational and financial understanding with an overriding need for solid business acumen in order to effectively convey the value of Apptio’s suite of applications to senior decision makers.
In return, this position offers uncapped income potential in one of the most strategic, fastest-growing segments of the technology industry and an opportunity to join a company at the forefront of establishing de facto leadership in this new market
- Bachelordegree, equivalent experience or US Military
- 3 to 5 years of salesexperience. IT products and services and or Financial management.
- 2+ years experience in selling cloud-based SaaS applications .
- Held a direct quota (not overlay), been a club qualifier.
- Proven track record of selling complex applications to the CIO, CFO minus 1.
- Experience with long sales cycles preferred.
- Proficiency in SalesForce.com
- Location: This position is ideally based in the MidWest - Chicago, Detroit, Indianapolis, Milwaukee, St. Louis.
- Frequent travelrequired visiting prospects and customers.
- Need to be able to work independently from home and during travel in an unstructured and fluid capacity in order to meet simultaneous sales objectives.
- Remote customer and internal work required; need to be comfortable in extended phone conversations, conference calls, and remote computer sessions.
- Work or travel on a weekend is sometimes required to meet customer and prospects needs to ensure successful revenue generation.