This position is part of the Retail, Staffing and Franchise Sales Team and focuses on targeting and closing major accounts defined as businesses with 5,000 or more employees. The individual is responsible for maintaining his/her own pipeline of business prospects within their assigned prospect list by effectively moving opportunities through various stages of the sales cycle in a manner that is concise, professional, ethical, and which leads the customer to action.
The Enterprise Sales Executive will be ultimately responsible for building out their book of business and meeting/exceeding an annual new business target quota. This position will involve face to face interaction with potential clients on a regular basis to both build a network of business and ultimately drive company revenue. Other tasks will include:
- Cold call prospect, and cultivate leads using Sterling's database and other methods to develop relationships that will result in sales presentations.
- Build and manage relationships throughout the sales cycle to gain new accounts in an assigned territory
- Review and analyze market data to develop and implement own business plan and utilize company resources to maximize sales effectiveness
- Assess potential of prospects and develop strategies and presentation accordingly
- Understand our client/prospects' organizational dynamics and probe to discover needs and key decision makers
- Perform analysis of prospect's business processes and design solutions that best meet customer requirements
- Develop and deliver technical sales presentations, proposals, and advice
- Articulate complex concepts and business solutions clearly through demonstrations and proposals
- Coordinate processes with internal, external and/or third parties when necessary
- Participate in regular structured sales & training programs to improve sales performance
- Travel required up to 50%
- Other duties as assigned
Skills / Knowledge:
Proven track record of success, consisting of:
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written. Writing and email skills need to be particularly strong.
- Effectively connect with senior level decision makers in organizations worldwide
- Superior client facing interaction skills including negotiation tactics
- Aggressive attitude in developing new accounts and building personal relationships
- Excellent time management skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to develop great relationships with clients, fellow staff members and other professionals.
- Ability to collaborate and influence at all levels within the organization (internally & externally)
- Computer literacy requirements: Salesforce, Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point
- Excellent organization skills
- The ability to give compelling client presentations and win business
- Proven Track Record of Success, Consisting of Sales Strategy and experience as a successful individual contributor.
- 2+ years Enterprise Sales experience is needed and experience selling to HR is preferred.
- Prior sales experience in the Financial and Business Services industry is preferred, but not mandatory.
- 5 years B2b Sales experience.
- Ability to navigate within large multi-product organizations and close large deals.
- Experience selling consulting, research services, and/or background screening services is ideal.
- Able to take a consultative and/or hard sell approach.
- Demonstrated history of sales success, consistent overachievement of quota and revenue goals, and accomplishment in prior positions.
- Four-year college degree from an accredited university preferred.