Lightpath is one of the largest competitive local exchange carriers in the tri-state area. We own and operate our infrastructure "from the ground up" by deploying over 20,000 route miles connecting 13,500 on-net/LIT buildings. With a strong portfolio of cutting edge solutions for Internet, WAN, Voice, SD-WAN, Security & Cloud services, we enable Enterprise customers of all sizes the ability to react to new challenges while developing best practices for the future. With Lightpath’s continued focus on network excellence and a “customer first” service commitment, we are building a workforce of the best talent that will meet the needs of our customers and reflect the diverse communities we serve.
The Enterprise Account Executive is responsible for developing advanced relationships with Lightpath named target companies and existing assigned Customer accounts. The Enterprise Account Executive will generate new customer relationships working with accounts and prospects. These accounts are defined by the sales team in each region and approved by Senior Management. This position requires little direct supervision and has the discretion to engage in negotiations and solution development in support of the needs of our largest most complex accounts. The Enterprise Account Executive will be responsible for increasing the net revenue and share of business in those assigned accounts according to a Yield Plan.
- Working with the Director of Sales, develop a strategic account plan for all assigned prospects and customer accounts.
- Execute the plan using an understanding of our prescribed methodology and prior sales experience to develop relationships and navigate a complex customer hierarchy to reach the highest decision-making level possible.
- Secure appointments with mid-level and “C” level execs and conduct a well-defined, consultative sales process consistent with our approved sales approach.
- Effectively engage Sales Support, Operations, Contracts Management, Engineering and other relevant technical personnel from Lightpath Business operational groups to bring the appropriate knowledge and skill set to the customer in order to develop appropriate solutions that fits the customer needs.
- Effectively manage all complex RFI / RFP processes initiated by assigned customers to ensure that Lightpath Business has the best possible response.
- Attend and successfully complete all required sales, product and process training sessions, and take personal responsibility for professional development in order to increase your skills as a Salesperson.
- Develop, package, and present comprehensive custom-tailored solutions in concert with Operational and Engineering Teams to the customer in a complete and professional manner.
- Effectively manage all aspects of solution, pricing, and contractual negotiations to ensure the customer needs are balanced with favorable terms for Lightpath.
- Submit weekly sales forecasts, expense reports, call reports, as well as other reports on time and when required by Sales Management.
- Consistently and completely utilize and exploit our Sales Force Automation system, (Salesforce.com) and database tools, and enter all activity related to all sales activity into the system daily. This includes a synopsis of all conversations with Lightpath Business Customers and Prospects.
- Work with Project Management, Operations, and Engineering to insure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Work in and contribute to an atmosphere of trust and integrity with fellow employees to ensure the overall success of Lightpath Business.
- Work within all company guidelines to ensure compliance to all industry-wide regulations and proactively seek the advice and assistance of your supervisor whenever needed.
- Assist Director of Sales with mentoring and coaching of Account Executive’s to develop their skills and knowledge.
- Candidates must be high energy individuals who are willing to be an integral part of a growing professional sales organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong Computer Skills are required for eth development of complex customized proposals and RFI/P responses etc.
- Engineering and technical background in telecommunications or a related technical field to support and engage in solution development and complex negotiations.
- Excellent organizational skills – Ability to multi-task and be highly responsive to customers
- 5+ years prior sales experience with large accounts required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage, and close sales opportunities on a consistent basis, following a prescribed methodology.
- Highly organized, and data driven, with a demonstrated ability to accurately forecast sales results, and meet all sales goals.
- Demonstrated ability to make professional presentations to customers and prospects and communicate complex technical issues in layman’s terms.
- Solid understanding of telecommunications and Information technology concepts and fundamentals.
- Proven history of excellent customer service and ability to build solid customer relationships with a full understanding the dynamics and techniques of relationship management.
- College degree or relevant experience
- Satisfactory Driver’s License & Dependable transportation
- Ability to travel as needed
Lightpath is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Lightpath collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.