- Supports the Global Risk Management department regarding all aspects of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program. Working under the direction of the Chief Risk Officer, this position will assist in facilitating the development and implementation of the risk management process throughout IHS Markit This will be accomplished through coordination, communication, and execution related to the IHS Markit risk management framework.
- Facilitate the identification, assessment and management of risks throughout specific business processes and business lines.
- Assist in the development of methodologies to conduct risk assessments and analyses for key strategic and operational projects.
- Assist in the monitoring and reporting of risk information and support internal riskreporting including working with contributors to the report; support the analysis of significant risks and mitigation details.
- Identify and analyze industry trends and influencing factors, both positive and negative, to enhance the company’s risk management capabilities.
- Analyze and interpret risk information to identify and monitor key risk exposures and opportunities.
- Conduct gap analyses for existing processes, as needed, and ensure identified gaps are addressed.
- Conduct ad-hocrisk management related analyses and perform root-cause analyses related to issues associated with key processes.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with key governance, risk and compliance functions, including: Corporate Compliance, Legal, Information Security, IT Compliance, Internal Audit, Finance GRC, etc.
Education & Experience:
- 8 to 10 years of relevant business / enterprise risk management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired with preferred areas of study in business, finance, or quantitative field.
- Certifications in Risk Management or Internal Auditpreferred, CISA, CIA
- Ability to develop a thorough understanding of ERM concepts and practices (risk assessment, risk strategies, control activities, monitoring, information) as well as familiarity with ERM related regulations (i.e. ORSA, COSO, ISO)
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Innovative and creative. Able to embrace change and think outside the box.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong organizational skills, with an ability to apply good judgment and resolve ambiguities.
- Strong analytical and research skills, ability to synthesize information to provide practical business solutions to accomplish pragmatic, meaningful results.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated project management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong facilitation, collaboration and teamwork skills with the ability to build cross-functional partnerships to drive results.
- Acts independently and requires minimal direction.