Job Family Summary
Defines and executes the risk management framework for the enterprise or business areas across the organization. Leads activity to balance risk and reward within the enterprise or business risk appetite. Provides risk advice, information and results to functions across the organization to provide reasonable assurance regarding the achievement of strategic objectives. Develops techniques, policies and procedures for conducting and reporting, risk assessments, analysis and / or compliance audits.
Compensation Minimum:$90,200 -
Annual Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.
Job Level Summary
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in own job discipline or field
- Leads others to solve complex problems
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- Lead cross-functional teams or projects
- Lead the Sourcing & Procurement Supplier Risk Assessment process framework leveraging Onspring as our Governance Risk & Compliance system of record
- Lead risk related analysis activities.
- Lead the identification, assessment, management, remediation, and tracking of risks utilizing a strong understanding of the supplier lifecycle. Present recommendations to cross-divisional audiences and stakeholders.
- Drive continuous improvement in analysis processes and standards for business and system requirements and capabilities including cross functional negotiation and clarification of requirements, data gathering, calculations, and formal reporting.
- Manage key internal and cross functional leader and stakeholder relationships to ensure expectations and opportunities to collaborate are transparently communicated.
- Work with leadership to evaluate risk relative to company strategy and risk appetite, assign accountability of mitigation strategies, and implement processes to monitor and report success.
- Drive documentation of processes, risks and controls.
- Drive continuous process improvement and control implementation efforts and projects through coordination with divisional teams including resolution of identified risks and the execution of projects initiated from internal assessments.
- Accountable for stakeholder engagement/management to understand internal processes and identify potential risks. Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure all policy exceptions/risk acceptances are managed in accordance with Enterprise Risk Management Strategy and Standards.
- Coaches' others on risk-smart culture leveraging education and consultative services around risk identification and management.
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time .
Specialized Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service.
- Extensive knowledge of risk analysis processes and standards for conducting and reporting to stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience leading Risk Management and/or Information Systems Auditing.
- Demonstrated experience identifying, defining, and implementing risk and control frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience providing oversight for risk and control assessments.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of risk reporting, risk control assessments, control testing, operations, and data.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of risk management techniques, standards, processes, governance models, and industry standard risk analysis.
- Extensive experience in facilitating and influencing group discussions working towards successful outcomes.
This position is a hybrid role that involves working a minimum of 10 days per month in the office. We know flexibility is important to our employees and their families, and we will continue to offer flexibility in this flex office/home role. This approach will guide us in balancing the needs of the business, customers and our employees. Internal candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of location and will be considered based upon the needs of the role.
Preferred locations for this role include:
Madison, WI; Chicago, IL; Boston, MA; Minneapolis, MN; Denver, CO; Phoenix, AZ; Nashville, TN; Atlanta, GA
We provide benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, 9 paid holidays and a paid time off program (23 days accrued annually for full-time employees). In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Insurance Group benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws pertaining to non-discrimination, non-harassment and equal opportunity. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.