At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Let’s talk about building a rewarding career
You’ve got the passion. You’ve got the skills. Now you just need the right opportunity. At Wells Fargo, you’ll have the chance to join a team of smart and talented people who share the same values. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.75 trillion in assets. Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. Corporate Risk strives to ensure that all Wells Fargo corporate functions and lines of business soundly manage risk, comply with applicable laws and regulations, and offer products and services that meet the needs of our customers. Corporate risk aims to set the global standard for risk management excellence among all financial institutions, consistent with our vision to help our customers succeed financially.
The Corporate Strategic Enterprise Risk Group within Corporate Risk is responsible for independently overseeing a broad collection of activities and risk types.
Wells Fargo is enhancing the risk appetite program for the Enterprise - a key initiative in improving the Bank’s proactive risk management capabilities and building better risk management. The Enterprise Risk Appetite Consultant will make significant enhancements to the company’s risk appetite program with a focus on governance and reporting which includes the creation of an enhanced risk appetite framework and policy, coordinating with risk functions and business groups to implement revised governance and helping in the creation of enhanced risk appetite reports and dashboards. This individual will also assist in revamping the risk appetite program by ensuring that risk appetite and associated thresholds are developed with a linkage to a company-wide definition of risk capacity (i.e. maximum level of risk the company can assume). The role requires interaction with multiple senior leaders within the organization, having a strong knowledge on the various financial risk functions and strong organizational skills.
Location: San Francisco, CA; Charlotte, NC; or Minneapolis, MN
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, risk, or audit
- Knowledge and understanding of audit, regulatory compliance, or risk management
- Financial industry experience
- Ability to manage large-scale initiatives including stakeholders across business and technical teams
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Experience working in a large enterprise environment
- Ability to influence and collaborate at all internal organizational levels
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Designation
- Ability to prepare management level presentations
- Ability to influence, partner, and negotiate with senior business leaders to gain commitment to accomplish business goals
Other Desired Qualifications
- 3+ years oversight experience in Financial Risks (credit, market, counterparty, capital, liquidity, interest rate), preferably with quantitative focus
- Prior experience working directly with regulators (OCC, FED, FDIC) and Internal Audit
- Thorough knowledge of Wells Fargo’s current risk organizational structure
- Prior experience in Risk Appetite reporting/development for the Enterprise
- Prior experience working on initiatives such as Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR), Comprehensive Liquidity Assessment and Review (CLAR) or stress testing
- Prior knowledge of Financial Risk methodology and associated risk appetite metrics (VaR, CVA, LCR, etc.)