An Enterprise Quality Architect (EQA) is responsible for improving quality across the enterprise, by providing standards, best practices, and processes. The EQA plays a significant role in designing and implementing software systems with a quality-first mindset. This individual will apply effective communication, analytical and problem solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve quality issues at the enterprise level.
- Facilitate collaboration across delivery teams to ensure implementation of overall standards, best practices, and continuous improvement topics, such as: unit testing, continuous delivery, code reviews, and test automation
- Collaboratively define quality gates for projects: code coverage, security scans, performance targets, etc.
- Mentor, train, and support other teams and team members for overall testing processes and strategy, automation, performance and load, scalability, high availability, test case/data management, disaster recovery, security, and full integration testing
- Be an advocate for positive technological and quality changes in the enterprise
- Design, create, and build next generation quality focused architectures and concepts
- Ensure a quality-first culture and mindset at Quicken Loans: organizing knowledge shares, social gatherings, sharing best practices/feedback, and fostering collaborative ideas for helping our communities grow
- Maintain an intense curiosity and devotion to keeping skills current with market trends and researching newer tools/ideas within the industry
- Serve as a subject matter expert on issues that impact product quality, performance, scalability, and system stability
- Effective at facilitating/driving quality for an application: including testing strategy, design, code review, and retrospective sessions - and perform this process for multiple teams and applications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar field (Master's or higher preferred)
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute on numerous and varied tasks, across multiple high-impact, often time-sensitive environments
- Work with limited direction, in a fast-paced environment and deliver results with consistency and accuracy
- Experience with source control concepts, and skilled with TFS and/or Git
- At least eight years of experience with quality assurance methodologies, web-based applications, unit testing, and automated testing
- Strong experience with testing and quality tools such as: Microsoft: Visual Studio / CodedUI / TestManager, Codeception, BrowserStack/SauceLabs, SoapUI/ReadyAPI, Postman/Fiddler, Selenium, Protractor, QTP/UFT, LoadRunner, etc.