Enterprise Operations - Regulatory Control Group - Associate
5 - 7 years experience • Financial Services
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
You set the standards! Be part of the team that is responsible for defining and verifying the key standards that ensure that our Regulatory obligations are complete, accurate and delivered on time. If you enjoy using business analytics tools to perform data mining, to drive change and enhance the risk and control framework, and to define, measure, and visualize key metrics for senior management, then the Regulatory Control Group is for you!
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm’s assets and its reputation. Operations spans all product lines and markets, serving as internal business partners who develop the processes and controls, and help to specify the systems that deliver accuracy, timeliness and integrity to our business. Our team of critical thinkers partners with groups in all areas of the firm to perform financial analytics and reporting and data analytics and engineering. Our division also provides critical operations design and handles capital markets operations to ensure business flows smoothly across our global offices. From day one, team members play a vital role in upholding the three Operations principles of client focus, process innovation, and risk management.
The Regulatory Control Group (RCG) sits within Regulatory Operations and offers management transparency and validation to regulatory compliance across Operations, and performs independent assessments to confirm data reported to regulators is accurate and complete. RCG is responsible for ensuring that the processes, controls and reported data appropriately support the objectives of regulatory obligations. The group defines standards, provides cross firm transparency and control through independent assessments and regulatory dashboards related to non-financial regulatory reporting and monitoring functions. Interactions with colleagues across Operations, Technology, Compliance, and Legal are crucial to the role. The role gives an excellent opportunity to work in a high-profile team and to contribute to Goldman Sachs by demonstrating excellent leadership, analytical skill and commercial effectiveness to ensure our regulatory mandates are implemented within the control framework that our business and regulators expect. It is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is motivated, ambitious and excited about contributing to our business and as part of a team who are responsible for driving change within a demanding and complex environment. There is also great opportunity to gain exposure to senior managers in all areas of Operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Engage with senior stakeholders to define consistent reporting standards and provide guidance to management team on adherence to those standards to ensure completeness, accuracy and timeliness in our regulatory reporting.
- Engage with our global peer group, legal, compliance and internal audit teams in the evolution of the regulatory methodology and framework, ensuring that they have a detailed understanding of Regulation as it pertains to our global businesses.
- Independently assess the design and operation of the controls associated with non-financial Regulatory obligations.
- Produce formal reports to senior Federation managers on assessment findings due to incomplete or inaccurate data, as well as documentation and control gaps, and add value to the organization by tracking remediation through to closure
- Partner with the broader Regulatory Reporting teams to develop key performance metrics and enhance our analytics dashboard
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- The candidate should possess a minimum of 5-8years overall experience
- Strong teamwork is essential, as well as the ability to build “mutually beneficial” relationships with others. Working across geographic as well as cultural borders to ensure the success of the RCG functions
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to cope with rapidly changing priorities are also essential
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to keep track of a large and varied workload
- Highly articulate with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Consistently able to produce high quality work, specifically updates of the suitability of our risk and control agenda to senior executives
- Strong analytical skill set, ability to mine big data trends and reconciliation gaps and a curiosity for risk enhancements
- Prior experience in Regulatory or Audit background
- Basic understanding of excel macro, Business Process Modelling, Business Intelligence tools (i.e. Alteryx) and SQL
Job ID 2017-40047