Enterprise Operations Center Team Lead
The EOC Lead manages a team that performs Tier I, 2 & 3 support in the Enterprise Operations Center and Support the Sr. Manager in the day to day delivery of rapid response to critical operational incidents. The position will also include implementing process improvements, incident management, and adhering to the change management policy, KPI reporting and adhering to SLA’s. Additionally, this team lead will act as Incident Commander over the staff of Site Reliability Specialists (SRS) during their respective shift of.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science and 3 years IT industry experience, additional experience may be substituted for education.
- Three to five years of experience in an Enterprise and/or Network Operations Center role, preferably with previous experience as a team lead/supervisor.
- Strong technical and customer service skills are essential with a focus on troubleshooting with a fix first mentality.
- Expert knowledge of virtualized computing concepts and operation
- Expert knowledge of networking theory and infrastructure
- Experience with Cloud Computing technologies including AWS, Azure
- Creative problem-solving skills with strong quantitative, analytical, and conceptual thinking skills.
- Perform under pressure within a time sensitive environment while managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communication (both oral and written), documentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work extended hours under pressure, including holidays, night shifts and weekends, as necessary.
- An affinity for providing exceptional customer service and continuous improvement.
- Previous enterprise level network and hardware monitoring experiencerequired.
- Industry recognized IT Service Management certification (ITIL, MOF, COBIT, etc.) preferred.
- Networking, virtualization, or desktop administration certifications preferred.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the day to day EOC functions, assuring appropriate staffing levels are maintained.
- Identify staffing coverage gaps and solicit volunteers for coverage opportunities, communicate and maintain records of approved overtime assignments
- Monitors and assigns the day to day operations in the EOC to ensure workload is distributed and complete for a shift of team members.
- Acts as a primary point of escalation and Incident Commander for all alerts and incidents while overseeing and advising other team members on communications between departments and handling crisis documentation and dissemination after the fact.
- Supports the Enterprise Operations Center Manager with mentoring, training and providing performance-based feedback to EOC team members.
- Works closely with the EOC team and manager to define and implement process around team duties.
- Establish and document process and procedure to monitor application, systems, and networks and ensure all operations staff are following standard procedures.
- Creates and maintains the EOC escalation procedure and develop standard reporting for SLA, team KPI’s, availability and custom reports as required.
- Provides excellent customer service to internal clients and communicates effectively with management, team leaders, and other team members within the department.
- Monitors appropriate Service Level Agreements to notify management when they are in danger of being breached, and recommending appropriate action to take to prevent violations. Escalates critical incidents to senior level staff for resolution.
- Participates in operational health reviews, service monitoring and notification discussions, service portfolio reviews, and ongoing process improvement assignments as needed.
- Takes on the role of Incident Commander for all critical or high priority incidents that occur during your shift.