General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS), a market leader and technology innovator, is seeking talented professionals to deliver cutting edge solutions to our customers.
As a manager of the Enterprise Network team with the Mission Systems Information Technology (IT) organization, the successful candidate will develop, lead and grow an innovative, flexible and diverse team of technologists designed to meet complex, critical business needs for core IT services. She/he will ensure the reliability and performance of the enterprise network utilizing firewalls and IDS/IPS appliances for ingress/egress access in a secure manner, enabling the success of GD Mission Systems information technology Services.
This position will report to the Senior Converged Network Manager within Infrastructure Services.
- Responsible for Network Enterprise Services and technical staff primary for the Firewall and Security operations teams support the edge
- Develop and mentor a diverse team of leaders and technical staff to support the mission critical business needs of a high performance engineering and manufacturing environment in the defense industry
- Ensure IT personnel, processes and technologies are developed and implemented in line with business goals and objectives
- Responsible for the development of short, medium and long-term technology and operational strategies aligned with business imperatives and working with the Enterprise Solution Architects
- Develop and maintain relationships with IT leadership to understand, influence and meet ongoing needs for network services
- Provide leadership and oversight for IT infrastructure technologies, projects and services; Ensure effective lifecycle management for network services and technologies including appropriate optimization and availability
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with security policies and procedures
- Understanding and adhering to GD-MSaudit and compliance policies
The Enterprise Network Manager position requires a bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related technical discipline, or the equivalent experience is required plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience to meet managerial expectations.
- Solid experience leading a technical organization responsible for mission critical IT infrastructure systems
- Demonstrated experience managing a complex technology service organization with strong knowledge of best practices in network systems and services
- Proven experience planning and execution skills in support of projects or teams with limited oversight
- Ability to lead enterprise sized projects of high complexity within multiple functional domains
- Strong proficiency in use of influence skills and ability to adjust individual and team activities to meet objective of team or project
- Experience with and knowledge of fundamental information security practices and procedures particularly those common to working in the defense sector
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a wide range of individuals including technical staff and IT leadership
- A commitment to staff development and the skills necessary to provide mentoring and support for continuous career development
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with non-technical and technical audiences
- Ability to manage a risk profile and design effective mitigation strategies
- Capability to communicate and manage various supplies and vendors of networking technology
- May be required to travel
- Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required