Our focus is Skype for business, Cisco is a good to have. Candidates MUST have very good communication, along with extensive and current troubleshooting skills in Skype for business.
Job Function Summary:
The successful candidate will be a team player with wide experience in Unified Communications Technologies with focus on Skype for business and Cisco. The role will include architecture, engineering and operations. Problem solving, design, and communications skills are critical.
- Analyze, design, and implement network solutions to meet the technical and business requirements of a highly evolving, growing company.
- Act as the subject matter expert for Networking and Unified Communications to support business requirements.
- Lead major networking programs and strategic initiatives in the network security and unified communications.
- Design, deploy, and operate state-of-the-art collaboration environments, including best practice videoconferencing, webcasts, and desktop collaboration in the UCM space.
- Implement automation to measure the network infrastructure's reliability, performance and success.
- Pilot emerging technologies to maintain and increase the business's competitive advantage.
- Participate as a senior member of the infrastructure team, working to define standards and managing projects to those standards as well as improve the operational efficiency of the team
- Lead troubleshooting sessions.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative or engineering discipline or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years varied experience in networking roles to include extensive experience in architecture, engineering and operations, particularly concentrating on LAN and core technologies, network security, and unified communications. MUST have very good communication and troubleshooting skills in Skype for business.
- Extensive hands-on experience with routers and switches, firewalls, network management tools with specific expertise in NGFWs from Cisco, Palo Alto, and Checkpoint.
- Extensive hands-on experience with voice infrastructure including Avaya PBX, Cisco call manager, Telepresence, Jabber, PEXIP MCU, and Lync.
- Thorough understanding of network protocols and packet analysis for both troubleshooting
- Understanding of companion infrastructure domains: storage, server technologies (hardware, network interface cards, operating system optimization), databases, virtualization.
- Experience with the engineering and operation of enterprise class installations.
- Extraordinary problem solving abilities.
- A passion for technology, especially networking. Always questioning and working to improve.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.