DXC Technology has an immediate need in our US Public Sector group for a Enterprise Monitoring Technical Consultant in Boise, ID. Charleston, WV. Clarksville, VA. Plano, TX. and Pontiac, MI.
Highly motivated individual for the role of Enterprise Monitoring Technical Consultant. This person joining the team will be responsible for delivering and supporting IT System, Application and Business process monitoring solutions for DXC Technology ITO clients. This individual will ensure that a given client’s hardware, operating systems, software systems and applications are properly monitored utilizing a variety of monitoring tools and a basic programming / scripting skillset. As a subject matter expert, it also requires the ability to work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. This expert will also be responsible for mentoring and guiding less experienced employees. Additionally, it may be required to interact with internal and external clients for requirements gathering and solution proposal.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for implementing part or all of the Enterprise Monitoring and Application Management systems technical solution as a member of a multi-discipline team, including new implementations, enhancements to existing solutions, customized solutions and reporting integrations in full compliance with DXC Quality Management System requirements
• Occasionally responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions.
• Understands a broad spectrum of company technology in order to provide part or all of a detailed technical design which meets customer requirements.
• Works with and under the direction of the Project/Technical Manager and with customer nominated representatives.
• Liaises with Solutions Architect as appropriate.
• Provides technical leadership on specific integration activities that are part of an engagement.
• Leads or provides expertise in triage and incident management with collection and analysis of performance metrics as-required to diagnoses complex system problems and in collaboration with other technology professionals to determine root cause in a timely manner, following ITIL incident, problem and change management processes and internal best practices related to technology infrastructure being supported.
• Contributes to knowledge tools and communities, and ensures project learnings are documented and shared.
• Proactively encourages membership and contributions of others to professional community. Uses professions to meet the relevant certification and professional standards.
• Produces internally published material such as knowledge briefs, service delivery kit components or modules, etc.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
• Minimum 5 years of experience with HPE Server Monitoring and Management products: HP Operations Manager for Linux (OML), HP Reporter (HPR), HP Performance Manager, HP Operations Manager i (OMi)
• Minimum of 3 years of Windows / Linux administration experience in an enterprise environment demonstrating strong technical abilities with administration of the OS.
• 1-3 years of experience with Visual Basic (VB) scripting and one or more of the following, Windows Powershell scripting, SQL scripting, Linux shell scripting, Java, Java Script, C++, Perl or other equivalent scripting language
• Proficient in the use and administration of CLI on Linux and Windows systems.
• Deep knowledge of Enterprise Monitoring System metrics and best practices.
• Experience with Enterprise logging tools and best practices.
• Working knowledge of SNMP.
• Experience with IT Service Management systems (BMC Remedy, HP Service Manager, ServiceNow, HP Service Center or other equivalent systems or tools).
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• HPE Operations Manager for Linux/UNIX Implementations v9 Certification
• ITIL v3 Certification
• In depth knowledge of Hewlett Packard Enterprises IT Operations Management product suite
• MSCE, and other technical Certifications preferred
Bachelors degree in engineering, computer science, management information systems
This position requires United States Citizenship and eligibility and ability to apply for/obtain a Public Trust Clearance or DoD Security Clearance, if required.
Requisition ID 1666233