The Technical Engineer is responsible for the day to day operations, configuration and implementation services that support the Enterprise Monitoring team. This position reports to the Director and requires practical knowledge of complex IT environments, and evolving technologies. Responsibilities include the supervision of technology solutions to support Service Management strategies and business requirements associated with Enterprise Monitoring. Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Production support of the Enterprise Monitoring environment supporting BMC TrueSight Operations Manager, 10.x – 11.x, Application Visibility Manager, TrueSight Middleware Transaction Monitoring and Real User Experience Monitoring
- Understanding of hardware and systems software, planning and implementation activities including configurations, installations, automated process improvements and environment preparation.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical implementation and operational management.
- Support the technical requirements of existing monitoring services, while executing business plan objectives to achieve strategic goals.
- 1 – 3+ years of technical and/or relevant IT experience in the insurance industry or financial services.
- 2 – 4+ years of experience using BMC TSOM, BMC TMTM, BMC AVM and REUEM
- Hands on experience of UNIX and Windows administrative knowledge and involvement of end to end operational support
- A college degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must have analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be willing to learn
- Good communication and presentation skills; ability to lead technical discussions
- Ability to market the technologies supported by the team
- Familiarity of the IAAS, PAAS and SAAS as well as Cloud platforms such as Google, AWS, etc.
- Knowledge of key methodologies and frameworks such as DEV/OPS, Agile
- Working knowledge of Service Now Event Management module or Dynatrace a plus
- Experience in application development a plus
What Else Can You Tell Me?
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certifications