Direct the overall database structure that fits into the overall architecture of the system under development and has to make trades among data volumes, number of users, logical and physical distribution, response times, retention rules, security and domain controls; Direct fulfillment of requirements from a project’s inception to it conclusion; Direct organization of requirements and data into a usable database schema by directing development of ad hoc queries, scripts, macros, updates to existing queries; Direct the development of complex systems using queries, tables, Open Database Connectivity and database storage and retrieval using Cloud methodologies.
1. ServiceNow CMDB Experience (Desired, but not mandatory)
2. Manages data with Tables, the CMDB, Import Sets, and Update Sets
3. Moving data in and out of an instance using import sets and transform maps and also auto import of data into ServiceNow
4. Produces appropriate database specifications and support documentation.
5. Develops source file processing logic, retention, and archive recommendations.
6. Develop and maintain the data model and data dictionary for the system.
7. Designs and develops SQL queries and reports to retrieve required data.
8. Optimizes/balances processing and performance for peak and load.
9. Validates, loads, tests, and verifies data.
10. Verifies information provided in all environments including development, test and production.
11. Performs complete functional testing of database structures.
12. Prepares appropriate dimensional data structures and provides logical interfaces for the extract/transform/load process.
Must have ten (10) years of experience that may be a combination of work history and education. A master’s degree is equivalent to 6 years of experience, a bachelor’s degree is equivalent to 4 years of experience and an associate’s degree is equivalent to 2 years of experience. The degree must be in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university. Experience with data base administration, configuration, and daily maintenance. SQL, MySQL, Oracle a plus.
Certifications: DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 Certification.