Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
The Remote Sensing Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team in El Segundo, CA has an immediate need for an Enterprise Integration Lead. This individual will be a Senior Systems Engineer with experience in Department of Defense (DoD), NOAA/NASA, and Commercial Weather Space-Based and Weather Ground systems. This individual will provide SE&I acquisition and systems engineering support to the Weather Enterprise program and program Readiness Reviews in support of the Space and Missile Systems Center Remote Sensing Directorate (SMC/RS). Major duties of the position include:
- Managing technical and programmatic interdependencies, identifying disconnects within these programs and between integration products (schedules, risks, contracts, etc.), developing action plans to address disconnects, preparing and presenting plans to Government leadership for resolution, and assisting the Government in executing selected solutions.
- Ensuring effective integration across space and ground, hardware and software, and all other aspects of systems and organizations within the Enterprise.
- Supporting the development of acquisition-related briefings, plans, papers, and other documentation in support of SMC/RS decision-making.
- Leading space and ground technical baseline change investigations to ensure each program meets system and architecture requirements.
- Interacting with contractor and government leads to ensure that all system and interface requirements are consistent with planned ground transition and launch program activities.
- Performing engineering assessment and recommendations of all system changes and produces documentation for program office leadership approval.
- Developing products for risk boards, including setting meeting agendas, coordinating with meeting presenters, compiling risk briefings, and producing meeting minutes.
- Collaborating with prime contractors, other team contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Air Force.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. BS in ElectricalEngineering, Aeronautical, Communications Engineering (technical), Math, Physics, or similar.
- 20+ years of strong demonstrated system engineeringexperience with space, ground, operations and sustainment segments of a DoD program. Additional 4 years of work related experience will be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- Candidate should have experience with Space systems (especially at SMC), Weather systems, OPIR systems, ground and space system acquisition, and system engineeringexperience.
- Prior experience with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), DoD and Commercial Weather satellite programs to include: Defense Meteorological Satellite Program (DMSP), National Polar-orbiting Operational Environmental Satellite System (NPOESS) and Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellites (GOES-R).
- Experience with requirements and interface management, risk management, change boards and change board environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with Air Force/DoD customers in an acquisition environment.
- Ability to provide a wide variety of technical analyses and program management support to a government customer.
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as organizational skill.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams.
- Master’s Degree is preferred.
- TS/SCI Clearance
Requisition ID 2017-38229