Come help us support the teams behind some of the highest-profile and highest-traffic WordPress sites in the world. You’ll build relationships with our clients’ developers, partners, and editorial teams to improve and shape our platform, and ensure our clients and their users have the best experience with our services. We are looking for people with a mix of empathy, writing skills, accountability, WordPress knowledge, and code savviness.
Are you interested in learning more about how our team works? Check out what our VIP Happiness Engineers have to say.
Your day would involve:
- Maintaining the quality, accuracy, and thoroughness that is part of our high-touch, concierge support.
- Helping clients and teammates via tickets and real-time discussions using a variety of tools, processes, research, debugging, detailed error reporting, and documentation.
- Troubleshooting tough problems with client sites, themes, and platform tools that often deal with edge cases and WordPress internals at scale.
- Handling high-pressure situations and one-off projects involving complex dependencies, multiple stakeholders, and tight deadlines.
- Observing and relaying opportunities to make our platform, services, and overall offering more appealing.
- Creating and updating internal and client-facing documentation.
Useful skills for you to have:
- Patience, grace, and a sense of humor.
- Advanced proficiency with WordPress and some of its plugins, themes, and WP-CLI.
- Experience working primarily in a customer-facing role, including support and training.
- Admirable troubleshooting skills that help you take big problems and break them down into manageable pieces with elegant solutions—and importantly, keeping our customers apprised of progress throughout.
- Great communication skills. We’re a distributed team, so frequent and clear written communication is a requirement.
- A self-driven work ethic where you take initiative and follow things through to completion. You’re comfortable prioritizing tasks and deciding what you should work on next.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn. Keeping up to date with changing WordPress and technology trends on behalf of the VIP team and clients, often training others once you’ve become proficient. Flexibility is key.
- Consideration of the 24/7 nature of support and an ability to regularly assist with weekend coverage, as well as some holiday and evening availability. Our customers are global, and rely on us to provide expedient support, at any time of day. This is a full-time position.
VIP Happiness Engineers should be fluent and eloquent in written English. If you know additional languages, be sure to tell us.
We want to build Automattic as an environment where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes, but is not limited to, differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, physical disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences, and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups.