At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Service Design Enterprise Engineer within PNC's Technology Infrastructure Services organization, you can be based on a variety of locations (Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus, Philadelphia, etc.).
Working with various application and platform teams, produce solution designs and infrastructure build specifications that encompass the following:
- A logical solution design that encompasses infrastructure, what software application components are involved and how those components are applied to that infrastructure, application integration points between components and other application solutions, and security authentication and data protection processes.
- The logical solution design will need to highlight adherence to PNC Enterprise Architecture standards, patterns, and best practices. The design should also effectively highlight the use of standard PNC ‘shared services’ where appropriate.
- An infrastructure build specification that outlines things for server builds such as number of (by type), size, which environment (development, test, production) they are slated for, etc.
The person should have a broad knowledge of many technologies and platforms and a background in solution design. They will also need to understand PNC standards and how to effectively apply them. This is a leadership position in the sense they will need strong communication and facilitation skills to work with and get agreement from the various application/platform teams but also many PNC technology partner teams such as Operations, Architecture, Engineering, Security, and any Program office. They should also be a strong team player to encourage collaboration but at the same time be able to work independently.
- Provides support for enterprise engineering teams and clients. Guides on projects and business relationship management.
- Supports the implementation of enterprise engineering strategies and best practices to support business objectives.
- Provides guidance to engineers across the organization regarding the development of software components and hardware.
- Works to develop relationships with stakeholders and appropriately addresses all applicable client requirements.
- Under minimal supervision, provides advice and resolves problems and issues involved in enterprise engineering activities.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Industry Knowledge - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Planning: Tactical, Strategic - Working Experience
- Ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2years) and strategic (3-5years) planning in support of the overall business plan.
Effectiveness Measurement - Working Experience
- Ability to measure the quality and quantity of work effort for the purpose of improvement.
Standard Operating Procedures - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to design, implement and evaluate standard operating procedures affecting daily and strategic business operations in order to increase operational efficiency.
Consulting - Working Experience
- Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Problem Solving - Working Experience
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
IT Industry: Trends & Directions - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to analyze marketplace experiences, developments and trends related to the function of Information Technology (IT).
APPLICATION DELIVERY PROCESS - Working Experience
- Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.
IT Standards, Procedures & Policies - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.
RequiredEducation and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.