Enterprise Network Consultant
Location(s): DC Metro
Enterprise Network Consultants work in an exciting client-facing capacity serving as the primary person handling the IT needs to an assigned set of Dataprise clients. Integrating themselves into their clients’ environments, our Enterprise Network Consultants are ready to roll up their sleeves, providing proactive network support and maintenance day in and day out. That’s not all though: they partner with clients and act as a trusted IT advisor to provide technology recommendations, allowing our clients to remain competitive when it comes to their IT needs. This position is ideal for those IT enthusiasts with a passion for interfacing with different personalities and problem solving in ever-changing environments. Are you ready for the challenge?
As an Enterprise Network Consultant, picture yourself:
- Providing on-site network management and support for a set of assigned customers from our base of Enterprise Customers in the DC metro area. Our Enterprise customers are medium to large sized businesses that require IT supportranging from supplemental support to total IT management.
- Establishing and maintaining networks, servers, and systems by designing, proactively managing, and troubleshooting network problems.
- Traveling to customer sites to provide scheduled network maintenance, addressing outstanding concerns, and aiding withproject implementations and consulting when appropriate.
- Recommending new technologies and solutions to proactively support clients' environments.
Our ideal Enterprise Network Consultant has:
- These soft skills:
- An eagerness and curiosity to learn new technologies
- Exceptional customer service skills and a strong business acumen
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- The ability to remain organized and stay on top of multiple priorities at once
- Sound judgement and the ability to problem solve
- A team oriented nature while also being capable of working well individually
- The drive to work in a highly visible, fast paced environment
- The following technical skills and experience:
- MUST HAVES: Amazon Web Services Administration and Architecture, Linux Administration, 100% Cloud Implementations, Virtual Networking & Virtual Network Appliances, Designing Highly Available Architectures in AWS
- NICE TO HAVES: EC2 Workspaces, Load Balancing, Storage Tiering, Automation (AMIs, Chef, Puppet, CloudFormation), Working with DevOps teams
- Certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Developer, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator
- 3-7 years of related experience.
- Hands-on experience working with heterogeneous LAN technologies.
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- The availability to occasionally be on-call or perform work after hours.