At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics is seeking a Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) Engineering Lead to join it's contract team.
The EAMS Business Enterprise Community of Interest is seeking an Engineering Lead. Selected candidate will lead a diverse team of systems administrators and systems engineers who are responsible for the sustainment of an Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW). Responsibilities include overall programmatic operation and integration; directly supporting the Chief Information Officer (CIO) Application program manager in day-to-day execution.
This is a high visibility role that is chartered with providing the skills and innovative technologies to design, develop, produce and sustain Enterprise Applications while providing a decisive advantage to our customer's mission. The candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to manage/complete tasks in a fast-paced results driven environment. Be prepared to do something different and challenging every day - tackle problems and generate solutions!
Locations: DC, Herndon or Reston VA
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Agile experience at both the team and multiple-team level required.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of management and individual contributors.
- Experience administering Operating Systems (Linux - RedHat, Windows Sever 2012 or higher)
- Experience with AWS Cloud infrastructure and native automation toolsets.
- Experience with scripting (Bash, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Be responsible for installation, configuration and maintenance of servers and commercial software packages
- Perform software installations, maintain system documentation, manage server and software configurations, establish and enforce procedures, monitory system health, collect performance and participate in capacity planning.
- Ability to comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong communication, team building and facilitation skills; demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with team, upper management and customers
- Knowledge of Project Management principles and experience utilizing them professionally
- Proven success managing multiple, large and multifaceted projects simultaneously
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of employees and government Leadership
- Strong team building and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational abilities and flexible team player
- Knowledge of IBM DataStage and/or Business Objects
- Knowledge of AWS GovCloud and Commercial Cloud environments
- Knowledge of HTTP Server, Apache Tomcat, WebLogic DNS and databases (Oracle, SQL Server, RedShift, others)
- Knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Knowledge of networking and communications
- Knowledge of PKI Certificate based authentication/Single Sign-On
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Education/years of experience: High School diploma/GED with 12 years of experience, or Associates degree with 10 years of experience, or Bachelors degree with 8 years of experience, or Masters degree with 6 years of experience, or PhD with 4 years of experience.
- Skills & Tasks: Exceptionally Complex, Inter- Discipline, Inter-Organizational. Can perform tasks of senior level technicians, specialists, and or managers not performed at Level 3 due to the size and/or complexity of the tasks.
- Individual Work/Teamwork or Leadership/Management: Leadership/ Management - May work individually or as a key member of a senior leadership team. Oversees and monitors performance across several disciplines, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues Guidance: Provides expert guidance and direction to Government and Vendor senior level technicians and managers. Directs multiple contractor and subcontractors teams through to project completion.
- Training & Certifications: DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification commensurate with technical objectives and services required within the task order. Applicable software or hardware training and certifications commensurate with the technical objectives, services required, and IT environment specified within the task order.
BI&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.