Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
8 - 10 years
Posted 60 days ago
Our office located in Lincoln, RI is seeking an Enterprise Data Warehouse Architect. This position will partner with business and Data and Analytics leadership to prioritize data and information requirements that will help shape the strategic direction of the data warehouse, and analytics and reporting efforts.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for assisting in building and maturing the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) strategy and roadmap. This position will be responsible for architecting and guiding the execution of the enterprise data strategy.
• Responsible for architecting and developing scalable and comprehensive enterprise analytics solutions including extraction of data from multiple sources, transforming data according to business rules and MDM patterns, and loading data into operational and presentation models.
• Responsible for design and implementation of data warehouse and data mart concepts.
• Provide architectural direction to team members, mission critical work streams and work within the agile framework.
• Responsible for leading continuous improvement efforts to enhance performance and provide increased analytics and business intelligence capabilities.
• Responsible for researching industry trends related to enterprise data and incorporating best practices into the roadmap and solutions.
• Responsible for establishing current and long-range direction of technologies needed to support analytics and reporting solutions to remain current with product and technical capabilities.
• Works closely and collaborates with Amica’s external partners to provide direction and oversite of all analytics and Big Data solutions.
• Conducts research and makes recommendations on emerging technologies to support the company’s analytics goals.
• Seeking an individual with a Bachelor's degree and at least 9+ years’ experience in Data Analytics, Data Warehouse, and Data Modeling with experience architecting and developing scalable and comprehensive enterprise data solutions.
• Strong understanding of relational/dimensional data structures and Big Data concepts or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
• Candidate should have experience with Teradata concepts and architecture
• Candidate should have experience with SAS, MicroStrategy or equivalent reporting toolset
• Experience with ETL, Reporting, OLAP and BI tools; expertise in constructing data architectures, data marts and data stores.
• Ability to exercise discretion and good judgement in decision making and handle confidential and sensitive data.
• Strong knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts, hands-on development of attributes, facts, dimensions, transformations,
• Have strong analytical abilities and interpersonal skills needed to effectively gather and identify requirements. Translate business requirements into specifications required to drive data store/data warehouse/ data mart design and configuration.
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment, while also managing multiple priorities.
• Knowledge of software development life cycle and agile methodologies is a plus.
• Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
• Generous leave programs, including paid parental bonding leave
• Medical, dental, vision coverage, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance
• Generous retirement benefits
• Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing company
Equal Opportunity Policy: All qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the United States will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability or sexual orientation. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are 40 years of age or older. Employees are subject to the provisions of the Workers' Compensation Act.