Are you looking to apply your extensive knowledge of emerging data challenges to the mortgage servicing industry? As a Director in the Enterprise Data Office, you’ll partner with Freddie Mac business functions to execute solutions to address these data challenges. If you have a passion for rallying teams to solve complex data challenges, come join our dynamic team! Apply now and learn why there’s #MoreAtFreddieMac!
The Enterprise Data Office is responsible for the execution and implementation of Freddie Mac’s strategic data goals, including the achievement of the following outcomes:
- Managing data-related risks across Freddie Mac functions
- Finding and driving efficiencies within Freddie Mac’s data ecosystem
- Managing modern data platforms to democratize access to data for our employees, customers, business partners, and the market
Here, passion meets purpose. Talent meets opportunity. Ambition meets success. And if you’re looking for meaning in your work, this is where you’ll find it. Every day, we’re making home possible for millions of families across the U.S. We call it being home to more. We think you’ll agree.
In this role, you will be an integral part of the newly formed Enterprise Data Office, reporting to the Enterprise Chief Data Officer. You will be responsible for:
- Establishing and leading an enterprise data governance implementation roadmap
- Managing the delivery of the successful data governance program
- Defining and implementing a data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality and protection of critical data
- Aligning the data governance program to applicable security, privacy, records management and other data functions
- Creating and maintaining ownership accountability for enterprise data systems
- Leading and developing teams to ensure data policies and practices are embedded throughout the company
- Serving as a liaison between the divisions ensure data requirements are defined, communicated and well understood
- Defining indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies
- Use specialist knowledge and expertise to identify improvements through reducing data redundancy and driving data reuse and coordinating external data sources to eliminate redundancy
- Proactively champion the value of information (data) as a strategic business asset
- Efficiently coordinating activities across the 1st, 2nd and 3rd line of defense
- 12+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: BCBS 239 implementation, data governance, data quality, master data management, data architecture, metadata management, business intelligence or data platform ownership
- 4+ years of progressive management experience
- Experience with influencing others and bringing people together towards a common goal
- Ability to operate at a strategic level to assess the maturity of the organization and to be a change agent
Keys to Success In This Role:
- Strong leader who can work with multiple stakeholders, develop and execute information strategy while being able to lead day-to-day tactical activities
- Ability to influence organizational change
- Proactively takes lead in building and using relationships internally and externally
- Ability to effectively communicate and present to senior and executive-level management
- Outcome focused with an interest in customer experience
- Strong situational analysis and decision-making abilities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization including visualizations
- Exceptional written, verbal, communication skills, and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization including visualizations
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.