Lenovo is the fastest growing technology company on the planet, with growth outpacing our competition quarter after quarter and we’re growing! Lenovo’s fundamental belief is that life rewards those who Never Stand Still. Every day, every employee at Lenovo is focused on moving forward, rejecting traditional limits, and always seeking a better way. We are looking for theperson who challenges the ordinary and seeks to innovate in learning, while also balancing execution.
The Enterprise Data Architect will work in the Data & Architecture organization supportingLenovo’s Data Center Business Group’s (DCG) functions. The position will be responsible for all data assets under a business function (e.g. Sales, Supply Chain, etc.). This position will deliver reliable, timely, and consumable data for downstream analytics and data visualization functions.The position will be looked upon to help improve processes and identify areas where persistent problems exist within our data infrastructure.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
• Leading initiatives to integrate fragmented data, streamline data flows and improve data quality, so that DCG can turn data into an asset
• Improving the consistency, timeliness, quality, security and delivery of data over time
• Identifying and managing the resolution of data quality issues including integrity, accuracy, consistency and completeness in an efficient and timely manner
• Mapping data sources, documenting interfaces and data movement, designing the movement ofdata through the enterprise, defining integrative views of data, designing canonical data views, managing related metadata, and communicating the data architecture
• Working closely with the business so that the architecture is aligned with and capable ofsupporting the business needs
• Interacting and exerting influence with all areas of IT, including application teams, data warehouse teams, and integration teams
• Driving improvement in tools and capabilities to support the data strategy and vision
Lenovo is a $46 billion global Fortune 250 company and leader in providing innovative consumer, commercial and enterprise technology. Our portfolio of high-quality, secure products and services covers PCs, workstations, servers, storage, smart TVs and a family of mobile products like smartphones (including the Motorola brand), tablets and apps. Everyone here at Lenovo is an integral part of the company, working together, across continents, cultures and innovations, all comprised in a friendly, fast-paced, work environment that focuses on one common goal: to be known as the best in what we do.
We're looking to add talented individuals who are self-motivated and desire boundless opportunities, to join us. Come share in the discoveries that are forged from our shared achievements at Lenovo as we drive the next generation in technology.
The Enterprise Data Architect should have the necessary experience and skills needed tosuccessfully execute the key position objectives.
You must have the following skills to be considered:
• 5+ years of experience working with enterprise data
• Experience in transitioning enterprise data from traditional data technologies to “big data” technology stack
• Deep expertise in data architecture, data modeling and data operations
• Ability to extract, merge and analyze data from a wide variety of sources (e.g., relational databases, text and unstructured files, sensor data)
• Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases, including any of these: MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, MongoDB, and Neo4j.
• Familiarity with techniques and technologies for accessing and analyzing “big data” using Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Cassandra, Splunk, etc.
• Familiarity with static and/or interactive data visualization methods such as Qlik or Tableau
• Programming experience in Java, R, Python, Hive, Pig, etc.
• Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner
• Motivated self-starter with a desire with proven ability to work independently and as a member of a team
• Ability to adapt and perform in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.