The Enterprise Data Architect at ENGIE Impact plays a transformational role in balancing the Strategic iEnterprise mandates with operational constraints. This role is responsible for designing, maintaining, communicating scalable data models that enable the delivery of high-quality modern products and services. The Enterprise Data Architect directs different teams to implement and employ enterprise data models.
- Partner with business groups, Product Management, and Digital/IT groups to provide vision and thought leadership to support the creation and implementation of the Enterprise Data Strategy
- Design and guide the execution/delivery of the strategy
- Work with Data Engineers, Data Analysts, and Software Engineers to develop efficient, flexible data models across source systems, operational data stores, and analytics data stores
- Create, document, maintain, and drive the understanding of data models and technical standards across all data producers, modelers, and consumers
- Ensure the usability of the analytical enterprise data model for data consumers from a technical perspective
- Ensure that data model definitions are captured in the appropriate technology
- Provide architectural direction to various teams and work streams, balancing the strategic approach within the agile framework
- Research industry trends related to enterprise data and incorporate best practices into the roadmap and solutions.
- Ensure data management processes are consistent with Enterprise data models
- Work with business stakeholders to support the definition and implantation of necessary governance, change management, data stewardship and quality controls
Do you tick all the boxes?
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of sustainability transition. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
- BS/MS in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field
- A minimum of 10 years experience in creating, communicating, and implementing scalable enterprise data models
- A track record of working with business partners to extract data modeling requirements from business needs
- Additional experience in Master Data Management, Data Warehouses, Data Governance, Data Analytics, and/or Database Modeling
- Experience in architecting and implementing Enterprise Big Data solutions
- Experience in relational and non-relational data models
- Experience in data profiling and mapping
- Experience in AWS and Azure cloud platforms and technology
- Experience with a data modeling tool such as Navicat, ER/Studio, Erwin, PowerDesigner, etc
- Familiarity with Data as a Service concepts
- Leadership by influence
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Independent, motivated, critical thinker and strong self-learner