As an employee at Thomson Reuters, you will play a role in shaping and leading the global knowledge economy. Our technology drives global markets and helps professionals around the world make decisions that matter. Whether solving for today’s challenges or tomorrow’s aspirations, you will work with the industry’s brightest thinkers on diverse projects, creating next-generation solutions that deliver powerful results. As the world’s leading provider of intelligent information, we want your unique perspective to create the solutions that advance our business—and your career.
Thomson Reuters is currently implementing a large digital transformation programme, to fundamentally transform our Lead to Support processes and enable Digital. Data plays a critical role in digital transformation and this role play a pivotal role in defining the data and analytics technology strategy, developing the relevant architectures and governing the solutions end to end.
About the Role
In this opportunity as Enterprise Data and Analytics Architect, Technology you will:
- Be a People Leader: build and manage a team of data architects with varied skills and experience level. Coach and mentor current and future leaders within the team, be responsible to proactively identify individual training needs, conduct performance reviews and maintain a healthy team culture
- Be a Project Leader: train/coach team members in project delivery. Strategically plan, design and implement software to deliver value to customers, managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Be an Architecture Leader: implement best practices as knowledge expert in Information Architecture, data modeling, data lake, data warehousing and data analytics using best of the technologies, working in an agile framework and an advocate for agility within the team and with stakeholders. Ability to define and influence data and analytics strategy, be part of the development of architecture, and be able to govern the overall data portfolio
- Be an efficient Stakeholder Manager: collaborate and engage with external and internal stakeholders such as business teams, product owners, project management in defining roadmap for products and processes. Act as point of contact in resolving stakeholder issues
- Be a Decision Maker: make quick and effective data driven decisions, with good problem solving and analytical skills to infer qualitative and quantitative data, and roll out strategy that aligns with company goals
- Be Responsible for:
- Architecture Strategy & Roadmap - define and update architecture strategy for Data and Analytics roadmap
- Architecture design for enterprise data models, taxonomy, data quality, data lake and data warehouse and analytics capabilities
- Architecture Governance – run and co-chair the architecture review boards and design authorities
You’re a fit for the role of Enterprise Data and Analytics Architect, Technology if you:
Have deep understanding and expert skills in:
- Expertise in driving data and analytics strategy and execution, while establishing strategic partnerships and delivering against business requirements
- Development of the data services & platforms in support of self-service, that ensures TR can both facilitate and catalyze the adoption of these services in the most effective way
- Identify, propose and implement solutions where the data & analytics architecture can be utilized to achieve a competitive edge, adding value to the business and practice, with measurable payback.
- Architecture governance and design authority to ensure solutions are in line with the overall data and analytics strategy
- Data & Analytics architecture development for projects & programs
- Data modelling 3NF & Dimensional, including conceptual, logical and physical
- Development & maintenance of the Enterprise Data Model
- Data Warehousing, including data models and data processing
- Unstructured information analysis
- Information taxonomy creation
- Master and Reference data management
- Data analytics architecture strategy and development
- Experience with modern saas, data and analytics technologies (Exadata, Snowflake, Tableau, Salesforce, Adobe, SAP HANA, Informatica, Dell Boomi, OBIEE etc)
- Have a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering or related technical field is preferred
- An effective communicator with relevant experience leading and influencing others, demonstrating an ability to partner effectively with internal and external partners.
- Experience of working in global matrix team environments with global time zones
- TOGAF architecture certification
What’s in it For You
At Thomson Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
Learning & Development: Exposure to a wide breadth of leading-edge technology
- Career growth - ability to work on multiple projects and/or with various teams
- Professional growth and development opportunity through various training programs, conferences, networking events, in-house speaker series etc.
- Access to Hackathons, Unconferences, Harvard Manage Mentor and more, we offer learning opportunities for everyone
- Health benefits
- Savings/investment plans
- Paid time off (including time off to volunteer and extended parental leave)