At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it's helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Our IT organization has a critical role in driving extraordinary business results. Through a strong partnership with other areas of our business, we bring innovative thinking to every conversation and deliver with integrity. We're looking for people who bring great ideas and who make our partners' ideas better. Intellectually curious advisors (not order takers) who focus on outcomes to creatively solve business problems. People who not only embrace change but who accelerate it.
The Enterprise Community Manager position is a full-time employment opportunity within Motorola Solutions. The Enterprise Community Manager is responsible to engage all levels of employees across MSI and excite our employees in communicating and collaborating with each other through our vibrant Social Intranet.
The Enterprise Community Manager will help to maximize the value of our Social Intranet for strategic communications, knowledge management, and collaboration; enhancing the ways employees find information and connect to in-house experts improving employee engagement. The Enterprise Community Manager is also accountable to provide technical maintenance and support for the Social Intranet platform.
Scope of Responsibilities / Expectations
- Foster communities to drive a higher balance of user-generated content, member conversations, and peer-to-peer support/networking.
- Champion the total community member experience, taking care to welcome new members, connect members with like members, and build affinity.
- Develop strategies to help foster cross-functional collaboration
- Plan and manage the community engagement calendar. Engage with the community in content development, discussion seeding, chats, and video
- Develop and manage appropriate use guidelines in accordance with MSI policies to ensure a safe environment.
- Build and deliver training to build internal SMEs expertise in the use of Social Intranet and Digital Workplace community tools to achieve marketing engagement goals.
- Build and analyze the community metrics including qualitative and quantitative measurements. Include data from google analytics, community metrics data, user polls/surveys, and other measurement tools. Provide insights gained to Communications and Editorial teams and evolve community strategies to improve member sentiment and community engagement to achieve business goals.
- Stay engaged with external professional community management networks, regularly benchmarking community usability, industry best practice, and new trends with an eye towards improving and evolving our Digital Transformation.
- Passion for Community and the Digital Workplace: You have a passion for achieving internal client service excellence and the creative ways these social tools can be used to build relationships, engage with a company's customers, partners and prospects to drive mutual business value.
- Business Strategist: You understand that clear business objectives are the key to driving success. You know how to envision community goals, present the goals and business case with conviction and build cross-functional, executive and stakeholder commitment. You have a demonstrated ability to work with executives who lead a complex organization.
- Curious and Innovative: You are continually curious, exploring new ideas without specific instruction. You can easily translate the business value of new trends for the community. You can also balance innovation with necessary doses of realism and pragmatism, knowing how to work effectively with given tools, processes or resources.
- Relationship Builder and Network Connector: You have a strong external professional network of your own of like-minded community managers from which you can draw inspiration, tips and benchmark best practices. Equally, you effectively build and nurture relationships with customers, prospects, colleagues, staff and executives at all levels of the organization.
- Politically Savvy: You are intuitive about the dynamics of human behavior, politics, interpersonal dynamics, and conflict resolution. You quickly see the patterns and know how to interact or react.
- Measuring Results: You understand the breadth and depth of social analytics and are able to effectively deliver regular dashboards measuring business outcomes and marketing ROI. Equally, you know how to analyze and spot trends and adjust plans to keep programs on target.
- Engagement Manager & Chief Listener: You know engagement is not just about content consumption. You have put effective strategies in place to drive member participation and interaction. You also know how to listen and be visible in the community without being the dominating voice.
- Leadership Skills: You know community management is not just facilitating and moderating the community content. You have sharp customer service, leadership and conflict resolution skills and know how to respond to positive and controversial feedback from fans and preventing crises. You are comfortable leading meetings knowing when to use influence and persuasion skills and how to work across boundaries within a company.
- Community Advocate and Influencer Program Leader: You know vibrant, successful communities have one thing in common: passionate, involved and engaged advocates and influencers. You have a proven track record in building community advocate programs that encourage, recognizes and rewards advocates/influencers for their leadership, involvement, and contribution back to the community.
- Communication Skills - You are able to deliver well-crafted communications such as presentations, emails, talking points, user guides, and other written documents, and facilitate discussions within the community
- 4 or more years of experience working in digital communications or community management environment
- Understanding and application of Intranet, Social Business, Digital Workplace principles, concepts, practices, and standards
- Knowledge of virtual communities and employee social networking industry practices
- Familiarity with G-Suite
- Experience with Enterprise Collaboration tools (Jive Software, LumApps, Igloo, Yammer, etc)
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Marketing, Sociology, Human Dynamics, Journalism, English, Business Administration, or other similar field of study