Brookfield Properties Retail Group has an immediate need for a Enterprise Collaboration Architect in Chicago.
Brookfield Properties Retail Group is a retail real estate company headquartered in Chicago, Illinois and owned by affiliates of Brookfield Asset Management. Our regional shopping centers are destinations for retail, lifestyle, dining, entertainment and so much more. Our extensive portfolio of properties spans the nation, encompassing 163 locations across 42 states and representing over 146 million square feet of retail space. All of our properties are strategically located in regional and coastal areas that constitute the "heart" of America.
Our passionate team is comprised of experts across a range of specialties who share a goal of ensuring our properties are continuously evolving and innovating to meet the needs of our communities. Our company culture celebrates collaboration, encourages an entrepreneurial spirit and values diversity. We are very proud to have a team of premier talent who are in it to win it. We invite you to be part of our success story.
Imagine what you could do here. At Brookfield Properties, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary services and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Brookfield Properties. Do you want to impact thousands of users by developing a suite of extraordinary products that form the foundation on how we collaborate? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
Our Infrastructure team is seeking an Enterprise Collaboration Architect to lead a team to develop our collaboration strategy and roadmap including rolling out and supporting a suite of applications for all members of the organization. You will build a strong trusted partnership with the business, partners & vendors to plan and deploy solutions for our company intranet, document storage, chat, project management and team collaboration. This is both a strategic and hands-on position in an exciting, fast paced environment that requires a self-motivated problem solver who is comfortable planning their way through times of ambiguity to enable business partners to seamlessly meet their goals. You have a creative mindset, passion for achieving the incredible in short timeframes and deep technical background preferably deploying & operating broad range of collaboration applications.
- 5+ years of collaboration and architectureexperience with a background in application development
- 7+ years developing and managing SharePoint deployments, both on premise and in the cloud
- Expertise and experience in communication, workflow and collaboration tools and enterprise social networking tools specifically Microsoft applications including Exchange, Skype/Teams, OneDrive, Yammer as well as Confluence, Slack, Box and conferencing technologies
- Expertise in Active Directory and O365 administration, PowerShell scripting, .NET framework, Visual Basic, C#, and PowerApps
- In-depth experience in developing strategies, roadmaps, standards and reference architecture of collaboration tools
- Good technical leadership, teammate, collaborator, rapid decision maker and outstanding interpersonal skills to lead technical teams through the challenge of application engineering and development
- Excellent collaborating, presentation & negotiation skills to work effectively with a range of business partners on gathering requirements and proposing solutions
- Strong project management and organizational skills with experience developing solutions using Agile methodology and leading a diverse project team from start to finish
- Desire to continuously learn and be engaged with new systems and services as well as being flexible to change
- Have a passion and drive and enjoy being engaged with new and challenges from both the IT team and our customers every day
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Have a Cyber security mindset and adherence to industry best practices and company policies
- Ensuring the technology and designs are fresh, healthy and modernized to replace standard solution sets. New standards need to be capable of meeting rapidly evolving business and growing capacity requirements. Solution resiliency, reliability and recovery methodologies need to be defined and tested over time to ensure we are using the optimal practices and processes
- Identifying and introducing new capabilities and solutions as the business develops new requirements
- Staying abreast of how collaboration technologies are currently impacting and driving competitors
- Helping your team innovate and deliver
- Having a partnership with our branding teams, and a consistent perspective on user interface and functionality
- Measuring utilization of key elements in the infrastructure, and partnering with the business to understand growth
- Resolving incidents, identifying trends in issues and fulfilling change requests in adherence to ITIL standards
- Leading with technical direction and expertise to other technical members of project and support teams
- Creating and maintaining procedures/knowledge articles for internal and external support teams
- Developing repeatable standard designs, deployment methodologies, documentation playbooks and support procedures
- Managing the pipeline of work intake and prioritization for collaboration application support
- Leading proof of concept projects to continually refresh and evaluate approach
- BA/BS in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience