We invite you to explore the award-winning culture, people, rewards and opportunities that make Comerica Bank so special. Make your next career choice a confident one. Enterprise Cloud Applications Architect performs the necessary leadership, facilitation, analysis and design tasks related to the development of an enterprise technical architecture for cloud-native applications on Amazon Web Services and/or Microsoft Azure. Defines, designs and delivers cloud architecture for enterprise applications hosted or built natively on the cloud and integrating with on-premises systems.
- Collaborate with the application, data, and infrastructure architects on defining, designing and delivering cloud specific technical architectures, patterns, technical quality, risks and operability of cloud architecture solutions for cloud native applications and cloud migrated applications.
- Create the conceptual, logical and physical design for cloud-based solutions for infrastructure and platforms
- Research, analyze, recommend and select technical approaches to address challenging development and integration problems with cloud environments.
- Perform research activities to identify emerging technologies and trends that may affect the enterprise
- Maintain awareness of vendor/product industry developments, regulations and trends and identify potential impacts to the enterprise
- Assist in vendor/product selection activities including the development of vendor/product evaluation models used in Requests for Proposal (RFP's)
- Design and oversee efforts in building effective bank specific Proof of Concept demonstrations and socialize the results throughout the enterprise and all levels of management
- Provide technical/business consulting to internal IS organizations and client-sponsored activities outside of IS
- Provide leadership and direction for defining application specific cloud strategy aligned with business domain priorities
- Analyze the business drivers that determine key architecture requirements for various cloud service delivery models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS etc.) along with cloud specific services such as Amazon SQS, Lambda, RDS etc.
- Develop the process for creating a technical strategy that supports the business strategy and facilitate its development, and maintenance.
- Perform technical architecture planning activities for cloud initiatives
- Facilitate and develop architectural standards for cloud related technologies
- Facilitate the development and evolution of the architecture and global governance processes
- Define and facilitate the process for approving architecture principles and standards
- Mentor IS team members in the principles of Enterprise Architecture
- Develop, collect and analyze Enterprise Architecture metrics to identify continual improvement opportunities
Relocation assistance is available
Travel up to 20% may be required of this position
- Bachelor Degree and 10 years of experience in technology or High School Diploma or GED and 14 years of experience in technology
- 5 years of experience leading complex enterprise teams through business process integrations, converting business strategy into action oriented objectives and measurable results
- 1 year of hands-on experience with Serverless functions and computing paradigms (e.g. AWS Lambda).
- 1 year of experience in microservices architecture and containerization
- 1 year of experience with Cloud identity federation for applications
- 1 year of experience with DevOps practices in app development - AWS CodeCommit, AWS CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline etc.
- 1 year of experience with Messaging architecture for cloud native applications using AWS SQS and SNS, Azure Service B
- 8 years of experience in relationship skills with clients, peers, multiple levels with management, and suppliers
- 3 years of experience with infrastructure, system and application design using web, mobile, cloud, and open source technologies
- 3 years of experience with various enterprise solutions/ technology stacks (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS) and providing guidance to diverse stakeholders and external vendors
- 1 year experience Amazon Web Services and/or Microsoft Azure cloud solution, architecture, related technologies and their interdependencies
- 5 years of experience as an Architect with specialization in at least one technology domain (e.g. cloud computing, data management, integration, security, infrastructure, CRM, BPM etc.)
8am to 5pm