Ranked by Washington Technology as a top 100 leader in IT services, Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research and program implementation in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. If you want to apply your technical expertise to programs that help control infectious diseases, address housing and homelessness issues, and inform policies that create economic opportunities in the U.S. and abroad, we invite you to join our team. Our IT team of over 60 professionals collaborates across 45 offices. As a member of our team, you will be on the front line supporting users around the world. Clients have come to rely on Abt to provide innovative solutions with energy, creativity and top notch customer service. Our company culture of continuous learning supports opportunities for long-term career growth and a balanced work/life experience.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Enterprise Business Intelligence Lead to support the IT Department in Cambridge, MA or Rockville, MD.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Business Intelligence Approach:
- Analyze business needs/requirements and provide recommendations to implement and administer reporting, processes, and systems
- Understand Abt’s business and collaborate with stakeholders across the company to understand and execute on their needs
- Lead cross-functional projects to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
Business Intelligence Execution:
- Utilize various data systems, extract raw data from enterprise platforms, and conduct in-depth analysis on various KPI’s
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support key business decisions.
- Oversee the design and delivery of reports and dashboards that analyze business functions and key operations and performance metrics.
- Manage and optimize processes for data intake, validation, mining and engineering as well as modeling, visualization and communication deliverables.
- Oversee the data/report requests process: tracking requests submitted, prioritization, approval, etc.
- Develop and implement quality controls and standards to ensure quality standards and organizational expectations are met.
- Communicate results and business impacts of insight initiatives to stakeholders.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Experience working with senior business leaders to understand business analytical needs
- Working knowledge of data mining principles: mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems
- Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques to enable actionable recommendations for business units
- Experience working with and creating databases and dashboards
- Experience using analytics techniques to contribute to company growth efforts, increasing revenue and other key business outcomes
- Strong problem solving, quantitative, and analytical abilities
- Strong ability to plan and manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and listening skills
- Experience preparing and leading analytics training
- Proficient and experienced with analytical software tools
- Experience with the following tools and technologies is a plus: Qlik Sense, Talend, AWS Redshift , SAS, Oracle EBS and SuccessFactors
- Strong programming skills with querying languages such as SQL
- Experience with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- 8-10years of experience and BA degree (Information Systems and/or Data Analytics preferred) or the equivalent combination of education and experience.