The Applications Engineer for Enterprise Software Automation interacts with team and customers to ensure critical vendor applications meet organizational and customer needs. This includes application support to deploy and maintain applications as well as providing continued technical support of business/payments systems.
- Participate in management, prioritization, problem management, and stability analysis activities.
- Perform as support leader.
- Implement business applications based on technical requirements supplied by the vendor (or development organization) to meet the business needs for system resiliency and availability following release and deploy standards.
- Perform level two and three support and troubleshooting when needed, including participating in on-call rotation for critical systems support after-hours.
- Coordinate with vendors and other internal technical teams when elevated support is needed.
- Develop, test, and implement batch system integrations using scripting tools.
- Develop and maintain documentation on solution designs/system topologies,
- Issue resolutions, and routine and special procedures.
- Responsible for updating tickets in service management system and tracking time required for IT services management.
- Responsible for collaborating with Umpqua technical teams to resolve complex issues.
- Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities – knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes.
- Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual or job-specific training.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures regarding
- Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations as applicable to this job description.
- May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert.
- Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Umpqua corporate culture in all actions and words.
- Associate, vocational, or technical degree related to information technology required or related field equivalent experience.
- Bachelor's degree related to information technology preferred.
- Microsoft Technology Associate, Microsoft Solutions Associate, or Microsoft Solutions, Expert certification preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in applications engineering.
- Experience configuring hardware and software.
- Knowledge of Active Directory authentication.
- Knowledgeable in t-SQL, PowerShell, and/or other scripting languages
- Knowledge of networking (LAN, WAN, Protocols, Ports) technologies.
- Knowledge of FTP server for Secure file transfer technology.
- Knowledge of encryption technology.
- Proficient with testing tools and procedures for data networks.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Office environment – no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands.
- Occasional travel.
- No relocation is offered.