EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We're one of Canada's largest pension investment managers, with CAD $168 billion of net assets under management. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world's top companies. At PSP, you'll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We're seeking an Enterprise Architecture Director, who will be the key player in the success of the Enterprise Architecture function at PSP. He (or she) will be responsible for taking a practical approach to supporting the business and will oversee PSP Digital solutions architecture (information systems, processes & data).
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As Enterprise Architecture Director, you well:
- Set the vision, goals, and measures of success for the Enterprise Architecture function, positioning PSP relative to peers and other asset managers and promoting a holistic view of digital solution needs at PSP
- Own and evolve a multi-year rolling delivery plan to answer both corporate and business unit-specific strategic needs
- Deliver and promote Enterprise Architecture principles, designs, and services to all stakeholders across business units, corporate functions, in close collaboration with other IT groups
- Position and lead Enterprise Architecture as a valued contributor within a result-oriented culture and timely delivery processes
- Lead and nurture an internal network of Business and Information Technology contributors providing specific expertise and as co-owners of the resulting designs and plans
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Combined experience as a savvy Leader, Architect, Information Systems, and Investment Specialist:
- Be recognized as a Leader, for his (or her) ability to bring people together, to lead people to consensus and to get experts to collaborate effectively
- Experience with and understanding of the deliverables and value proposition of Enterprise Architecture
- Solid background in Investment field
- Strong and demonstrable systems-thinking and strategic thinking skills. The ability to capture the key elements of a system into a simple abstraction that empowers good decisions
- Proven experience in working with Strategic and Business planning
- Solid understanding of the methods and processes of an appropriate Enterprise Architecture framework
- Strong written and oral communication skills (including at the executive level)
- Strong business negotiation skills, influence, conflict resolution, and political savvy
- Demonstrable leadership in Portfolio Management, Program/Project Management and Enterprise Change Management
- Solid business financial skills. Demonstrable ability to perform cost benefit analysis and manage the budget of a team
- Strong leadership and ability to influence others
- Ability to work collaboratively, cultivating meaningful relationships with colleagues and clients
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Solid background in the Investment field
- Successful experience as an Architecture Manager
- Experience as both resource and matrix manager
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- More than fifteen (15) years of relevant experience
- Bilingualism (English and French)