The Principal Enterprise Architect is responsible for forming trusted advisory relationships with WWT customers by helping them develop a decision-making framework for aligning IT investments to business strategy. Ultimately, this decision-making framework willguide the customer's Solution Architects in their design, development and deployment of secure, agile, sustainable solutions in response to disruptive forces in their industries. This individual will be helping WWT customers that are new to Enterprise Architecture develop the foundations within their organization (e.g., Principles, governance processes, capabilities maps, strategies, roadmaps, etc.). In addition, if a customer has an EA function in place, but would to transition to a more practical, modern approach, this individual will be driving that effort.
The candidate must possess broad enterprise expertise, architecting solutions across infrastructure, security, application, data and cloud architectures. S/he must have experience establishing conceptual artifacts of how the current and future needs of an organization will be met through technology atFortune 1000 level organizations. S/he must possess the acumen to view enterprise challenges from a business, application and technology perspective and have demonstrated experience articulating it to stakeholders.
The Principal Enterprise Architect fosters relationships by workingclosely on complex technology initiatives with our WWT Teams and customers. S/he provides leadership and vision, while being a contributing member of the team of resources focused on achieving business outcomes. S/he helps lead teams comprised of technical subject matter experts and application development resources and works jointly with our Management Consulting organization to deliver the right approach for our clients' transformation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & COMPENTENCIES
The Enterprise Architect has a broad focus that will ultimately lead to the deployment of modernized systems and transformative solutions across the IT landscape in support of our customers' business strategies. Our Enterprise Architects are expected to advise senior-level customer contacts and WWT project teams on developing an Enterprise Architecture capability that links the business strategy and processes of our customers to their IT strategies.
- Work with customers to gain a detailed understanding of their current and future technical and business needs
- Responsible for the development of enterprise architecture artifacts that articulate our customers business strategy, future state business and technology architecture, and execution roadmaps
- Help ensure that Solution Architects are architecting solutions that enable our customers to achieve best-in-class performance, reliability, and privacy, while adhering to industry standard architectural principals
- Conduct architecture and technical workshops that may include enablement sessions
- Provide oversight and guidance to teams consisting of WWT experts deploying complex solutions that span network, compute, storage, virtualization, collaboration, security, big data and application development
- Participate in industry, product, and procedural training as needed to maintain the knowledge and certifications necessary to be effective
SKILLS AND COMPENTENCIES:
- Advanced understanding of infrastructure (network, storage, compute, virtualization) and information security
- Highly proficient in viewing enterprise challenges from a business, data, application and technology perspective
- Highly proficient developing conceptual models
- Proficient developing and executing high level designs
- Proficient on cloud platform architecture and design including SaaS, PaaS and IaaS.
- Experience developing and implementing best practices for IT Service Delivery
- Experience with software-defined networks, software-defined data center infrastructure and understanding of modern cloud capabilities (Private, Hybrid and Public)
- Understanding of at least two modern programming languages (Python/Perl/Java/.Net/MySQL/PgSQL) and scripting related to automation, orchestration, Infrastructure as a Service, etc.
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills
- Sound business and technical acumen, with deep expertise in at least one business area
- Proven track record of working with subject matter experts, consultants, professional services, IT, operations, and others over the technology lifecycle
- Strong ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Proven collaborative approach; openly sharing information and receptive to the ideas of others.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Masters' degree in Business or Computer Science/Engineering, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 10 years of progressive engineering leadership experience in a highly complex, sophisticated environment
- 3-5+ years in a Lead Enterprise Architect role
- Experience leading the development of an Enterprise Architecture program, cloud environments and application frameworks
- Demonstrated experience working with geographically (and potentially globally) dispersed teams
- Record of building high trust relationships
- Proven team management skills
CORE VALUES AND CULTURE:
- Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit
- Passion for learning
- Highest level standards in honesty, integrity and professionalism
- Known for valuing and supporting diverse individuals and cultures