Provides overall direction, guidance and definition of an enterprise's architecture to effectively support the corporate business strategy. Works on highly complex project requiring in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments. Defines the enterprise architecture (EA) process and the architecture review process and led the effective integration of these processes with other related business and IT processes. Responsible for the more complex work and assignments typically required of an Enterprise Architect.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches, analyzes, designs, proposes, and delivers solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategies. Understands, advocates, and support the enterprise's information technology strategies.
- Defines enterprise wide architecture and designs across multiple IT functional areas. Leads the creation and/or evolution of the enterprise architecture function/program, including coordination of an appropriately balanced pursuit of enterprise business, information, technical, and solution architectures.
- Leads the identification and analysis of enterprise business drivers; derives enterprise business information, technical, and solution architecture requirements.
- Analyzes the current information technology environment; detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement. Analyzes technology industry and market trends and determine potential impact upon the enterprise.
- Promotes enterprise architecture (EA) - it's process, outcome, and ongoing results - to the organization, including IT and business leaders.
- Leads/facilitates the creation of governing principles to guide information, technology, and solution decision making for the enterprise. Design and lead the development of an implementation plan for the enterprise architecture based on business requirements and information technology strategies.
- Designs and directs the governance structure and compliance activities associated with ensuring compliance with the enterprise architecture. Leads the enterprise architecture implementation and ongoing refinement activities. Lead the evaluation and selection of hardware and software product standards and the design of standard configurations.
- Consults with application development teams; fit systems to architecture and identify when it is necessary to modify the technical architecture to accommodate needs.
- Consults with infrastructure development teams; fit infrastructure to architecture and identify when it is necessary to modify the technical architecture to accommodate infrastructure needs.
- Ensures all architecture design and analysis work is documented.
- Works on multiple projects as a project leader or as the subject matter expert.
- Provides technical direction and training to junior level team members.
- May lead the activities or work of the team. Provides leadership and direction to members of the department, performing those responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies and applicable laws. May provide input on interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning or directing work, appraising performance, and resolving problems.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field.
Minimum Experience: 9 years of IT work experience in multiple IT areas in a multi-tier environment and two 2 years of relevant enterprise wide architecture experience in one or more specialty areas.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of all components of holistic enterprise architecture.
- Knowledge of business re-engineering principles and processes.
- Knowledge of network architecture, client/server processing and object-oriented analysis and design.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to balance the long-term and short term implications of individual decisions.
- Ability to translate business needs into enterprise architecture requirements.
- Ability to apply multiple solutions to business problems.
- Ability to comprehend rapidly the function and capabilities of new technologies.