The Enterprise Architect - Systems is client facing, pre-sales engineer that works with designated Accounts and acts as a value added technical and business advocate for clients. An enterprise architect - systems is responsible for understanding clients’ business requirements as they pertain to IT infrastructure, qualifying opportunities and creating designs that match the business requirements with appropriate solutions composed of (hardware, software and professional and managed services, etc.) .
This role builds the required presales collateral to represent the solution including, but not limited to, At-A-Glance documents, HLDs (High Level Design), BOMs (Bill of Materials), Product Quotes (with pricing), LOEs (Level of Efforts), Client Proposals and SOWs (Statement of Work) and Business and Financial Case Development. This role entails the following responsibilities: collaborating with other architects, ITCs. Partners, ETC. as required to address client need, presenting the proposed solution to the client, ensuring the sale is made and overseeing the delivery of these solutions all while maximizing profit to Sirius. Lastly, the Enterprise Architect - Systems role requires that the person builds and maintains a healthy relationship with key business partners (OEMs, subcontractors, service providers) in the assigned districts and regions they support.
The Enterprise Architect - Systems has deep subject matter expertise of solutions in many technology and business domains (Storage, Compute, Network or Security, Cloud, Managed Services). The EA Is an expert in the “Art of the Deal” for multiple domains, sequencing activities and deliverables to the client to value sell, earn trust and enhance margin. Has a very good understanding of technology solutions in adjacent domains. The EA often functions as a single point of contact for multiple technologies and are good team leaders & mentors within Sirius. EAs lead, position and sell implementation, advisory, thought leadership and strategy services for multiple domains without additional pre-sales assistance.
This role designs and scopes enterprise architectures for clients’ IT architecture with special emphasis on private cloud, hybrid cloud, Converged, Hyper converged, BI, Analytics, Digital Exp. application environments including the complex hardware and software integration elements, related technologies and the services to support integration, assessment, advisory services or implementation.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides technical expertise in analyzing client’s requirements, recommending solutions and assisting sales and other engineers with development of proposals, quotations and presentations; responsible for technical sales cycle working closely with sales to close business
• Act as a technical liaison or “quarterback” to the Client Executive in assigned accounts
• Act as the technical decision maker to include:
o Independently identify product and partner opportunities within areas of expertise
o Identify any additional necessary SME’s as needed
o Drive internal cadence related to customer timelines and deadlines. (related to multi-LOB opportunities)
o Create and drive peer matching relationships across each assigned account
• Participate in and/or drive strategic direction in assigned accounts to include:
o Assist with establishing credibility with account senior management (C level/Director/Technical leads)
o Identify and drive services opportunities, identify services SME’s (outside of infrastructure)
o Create and execute services “playbooks” (Who/What/How)
o Lead regular customer cadence
? Daily correspondence where needed
? Weekly calls
? Customer QBRs
• Conducts advanced and complex engineering - related studies researching current and emerging technologies, evaluates alternatives, makes recommendations, and presents reports to management.
• Works with the Services Manager to assess the amount of effort required for services engagements and provide input for the Scopes/Statement of Work generation
• Develop and maintain customer presentations, demo instructions and other related collateral.
• Maintains client relationships as a trusted Technical Advisor. Serves as focal point for communications between both department engineers and clients when necessary, using experience and judgment to communicate effectively to all parties.
• All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, telecommunications, or related field
• At least ten (10) years of technical hands-on experience and experience architecting, implementing, and/or managing infrastructure environments, including three (3) years experience with VMware and VCE solutions.
• Demonstrated knowledge of more than one Infrastructure domain – such as compute, cloud, devops, security, converged and networking.
Other Position Requirements
• At least five (5) years experience in an IT Consulting environment (can be concurrent with required 10 years’ experience above)
• Demonstrated knowledge of Nutanix, Redhat and Microsoft solutions
• Demonstrated technical aptitude
• Experience leading complex technology projects in support of business initiatives
• Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of customer personnel, including technical leads, IT management, and C-level staff
• Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize workload
• Demonstrated ability to work in team environment
• Demonstrated customer service skills
• AWS or Azure Certifications
• Technical Architecture Certifications
• Technical presales support experience
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.