- Providing technical leadership and vision for agile development teams building next generation systems
- Prototyping advanced technologies in the areas of Cloud Computing, Big Data, Web/Mobile Applications, and Social Media
- Defining implementable application architectures and system designs for custom application and integration solutions
- Selecting technology standards and road-mapping/planning the migration of legacy systems to new technologies and standards
- Advising on enterprise architecture governance across project teams to ensure consistent application and adherence to defined architecture principles, documenting and communicating architecture decisions
- Own and drive forward specific areas of application technology architecture, inclusive of custom application development, application/data integration, cloud, devops, and big data.
- Provide architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for one or more business and technology domains.
- Lead project and solution estimation and team structure definition.
- Develop proof-of-concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions.
- Mentor and provide architectural guidance to multiple teams building innovative applications.
- Drive common vision, practices and capabilities across teams.
- Engage with client technical staff to determine the most appropriate technical strategy and designs to meet business needs.
- Demonstrate broad solutions technical leadership, impacting significant technical direction, exerting influence outside of the immediate team
- Minimum 10 years of professional IT experience
- Broad understanding of application architecture and software technology in one or more technology environments (e.g. JEE, .NET, Web, mobile)
- Experience as a hands-on software developer; still enjoy getting hands-on with code
- Experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive projects from an architectural standpoint.
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical designs.
- Ability to elicit non-functional requirements and communicate clearly with non-technical individuals, development teams, and other ancillary project members.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience in project and solution estimation and team structure definition.
- Independent and self-driven approach to work
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
Preferred skills and background include:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Demonstrated success working on or managing complex and/or large consulting projects.
- Experience leading customer workshop sessions to educate customers on the latest application technology trends and best practices
- Track record of technical leadership roles delivering solutions within committed timeframe saving change.
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.