Through the skillful application of architectural practices the Enterprise Architect assists business and technical stakeholders to evaluate their current information system initiatives in the context of a desired future state and arrive at decisions which will balance the needs of the present with the expected needs of the future.
• Works with business and technical stakeholders to develop target state descriptions of the systems and data capabilities these stakeholder will require execute their strategy successfully.
• Works with business and technical stakeholders to understand how current initiatives align, or fail to align, with their desired future state outcomes.
• Works with business and technical stakeholders to make best use of established architectural strategies and standards in the creation of both target and current state architectures.
• Assist business and technical stakeholders in complying with applicable enterprise architecture governance processes.
• Independently and objectively assess the architectural alignment of proposed strategies and information system designs with established architectural standards and objectives.
• Conducts research to support the development of architectural plans and strategies for the enterprise.
• Post-secondary degree in a relevant technical field.
• Enterprise Architecture Professional Accreditation (nice to have)
• 5 years practicing as an enterprise architect in a complex organization.
• 8 years designing or developing information systems solutions in a variety of business and technical environments.
• Contemporary enterprise architecture principles and practices. Familiarity with formal enterprise architecture frameworks such as Togaf or Zackman would be an asset.
• Contemporary information technology patterns, standards and themes. Familiarity with data virtualization, data lake, Hadoop, Orcacle, SQLServer, Python, MATLAB, Java, C#, Windows, Linux, Azure and AWS would be an asset.
• Contemporary asset management business and technology themes. Familiarity with line of business applications like Charles River, SimCorp and Findur would be an asset.
• Familiar with Contemporary capital markets business and technology themes.
• Familiar with Enterprise digital strategy business and technology themes. E-commerce and cross channel customer experience design would be an asset.
- Job ID: 727