Education is ever-evolving. And so are we.
We seek passionate people from diverse backgrounds who are committed to helping improve the work of schools as a trusted partner in advancing learning. By joining the Cognia team, you will be immersed in a community of energetic and resourceful people dedicated to a common vision to impact and inspire education providers to advance and enable pathways of success for all learners. At Cognia we have developed a holistic approach to education that empowers schools to create real outcomes and optimize learning for students of all backgrounds, servicing more than 36,000 institutions, 5 million teachers, and 25 million students in 85 countries. When you join Cognia, you join a team of experts passionate about our mission and embracing our core values in everything we do.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The Enterprise Architect analyzes, designs, and implements the information technology structure within an organization to make sure it aligns with the business’ goals. The Enterprise Architect works with management and stakeholders to evaluate the business’ mission and works across the organization to ensure the company uses its IT assets effectively.
- Ensure the completeness (fitness-for-purpose) of the overall enterprise architecture (e.g., evaluating existing IT systems for vulnerabilities that may compromise performance, security, or efficiency; strategic alignment to corporate vision and strategy).
- Work with executives and stakeholders to gather and articulate the enterprise technical vision.
- Connect various views (business, application, integration, data, and infrastructure) of current and future state enterprise architecture.
- Investigate, recommend, articulate, and show technical and architectural trade-offs between different implementations and approaches.
- Produce strategic plans and roadmaps for realizing and maintaining enterprise architecture.
- Create and maintain an enterprise technical vision and architecture tied to enterprise goals and objectives.
- Contribute to and inform the architectural design of new or refactored systems supporting business, development, data, and infrastructure engineering teams.
- Produce documentation and artifacts of design decisions to support business and engineering team execution.
- Facilitate and participate in the discovery and documentation of stakeholder business scenarios driving architectural solutions.
- Develop requirements into well-formulated models of solution components, augment the models necessary to fit all circumstances, and show multiple views through models to effectively communicate the ideas.
- Verify assumptions, bring in and consult subject matter experts, and communicate across groups to improve the model and define it further, adding new ideas as required to make the result more flexible and more tightly linked to current and expected requirements.
- Continuously monitor architectural models and update them as necessary to show changes, additions, and alterations.
- Perform duties and fulfill responsibilities that may, from time to time, include related or unrelated tasks.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related discipline) and ten (10) years of related experience in information technology; or a Master’s degree in Enterprise Architecture (or related discipline) and five (5) years of related experience in information technology; or a combination of related education and experience equal to fifteen (15) years
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory ability
- Proven knowledge of software, systems, and data architecture
- Proven track record of deriving, defining, and explicitly representing various architectural artifacts within the enterprise framework
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining project level and enterprise level model consistency and integration
- Working knowledge of business, software, systems and data architectural development methods and techniques for modeling technologies
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies and architectures
- Working knowledge of prevalent application frameworks and development stacks
- Working knowledge of object-oriented analysis/design methodologies, service-oriented architectures, frontend development, and backend development
- Working knowledge of Java, .NET and SQL stack technologies
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Certified Technical Architect, ITIL Master Certification, TOGAF Certification preferred
- Translating or mapping business strategy into information strategy
- Understanding technology product and vendor strategies
- Understanding, modeling, and representing the organizations business requirements in a human consumable manner, as it relates to strategy
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems quickly and efficiently
- Ability to think through many levels of detail and envision the overall objective
- Strong negotiation and group facilitation skills
- Excellent technical, analytical, and project management skills
- Excellent verbal & written communications skills
- The ability to manage with vision and purpose; deploy and develop staff and other resources to ensure standards of excellence and optimal performance
- Proven judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to influence and persuade others
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint), MS Project, and Visio
Anticipated Travel (may include local, national, and/or international travel):
- Occasional travel (10%-20%)
At Cognia, we recognize the critical role played by our teams in carrying out the organization’s important educational mission. As a reflection of that recognition our exceptional benefits offerings include generous paid time off and holiday breaks, comprehensive insurance plans, and a 12.5% retirement savings contribution which is immediately vested, all effective on your date of hire. This represents an affirmative commitment by the organization to attract and retain the highest quality workforce – to ensure our continued ability to effectively serve our mission for years to come.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Cognia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.