Job Description :
* Must be able to look 3-5 years ahead to consider the long-term consequences for the enterprise when choosing a technical direction, proposing a technology investment, or advising a business leader on strategic issues.
Design/deliver standard solution templates and design patterns for both applications and infrastructure that assist delivery teams to develop solutions to business unit requirements that use/re-use common technology platforms.
* Develop, maintain, and execute processes for enforcement of technology standards, policies, and procedures by Energy IT organizations, external vendors and other service providers.
* Review/approve key project design deliverables (e.g., solution architecture, technical design).
* Track technology strategies/roadmaps for key Energy vendors and develop strategic partnerships with targeted vendors.
* Remain current regarding IT industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in the energy industry.
* Promote awareness of new/emerging technologies.
Experience with enterprise software projects including utility front/back office application integration. Full Project Lifecycle experience, including definition, requirements gathering, design, construction, testing and deployment. Demonstrated ability to architect and deliver solutions with minimal supervision.
* Working knowledge in areas of technology (master data governance, reporting architecture, cloud computing, mobility, social media, collaboration tools, document and records management, smart grid / AMI, infrastructure, commercial applications, software development, end-user platforms, IT operations).
* Strategic planning experience; awareness/experience with industry standard EA methodologies and frameworks such as TOGAF, Zachman, FEA, etc.
* Experience working with major vendors (hardware, software, services).
* Project management experience.
* Working knowledge of application & infrastructure development methodologies and industry best practices.
* Ability to communicate and present effectively with all levels in the organization.
* Ability to provide recommendations for investment in new products and technology solutions supported by appropriate ROI, total cost of ownership, and/or cost benefit analyses.
* Strong interpersonal communications skills and excellent writing and presentation skills.
Advanced degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Business Administration or related field.