At Columbia, we’re as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we’re proud to be based in the Pacific Northwest, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: “It’s perfect. Now make it better.” As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Although we're an apparel and footwear focused company, technology is central to everything we do. Columbia Sportswear’s Global Information Services (GIS) teams enable an IT infrastructure across four global brands, a global supply chain, and 500+ geographically dispersed stores. These teams support in-store, mobile, and data platforms to enhance customer experience and service in an ever-evolving industry.
As the Enterprise Architect – Integration Services at Columbia Sportswear, you will have an influential role in shaping Columbia’s future architecture and technology landscape, with a primary focus on evolving our API and data services inventory, data integration strategy, architecture patterns and integration landscape. At Columbia we know a thing or two about trails, and you will be a guide in navigating the path towards Columbia's modern architecture and future in the Cloud. You’ll work as a strategic thought leader, pathfinder, bridge builder and idea champion. You will collaborate across teams and leaders to navigate towards future state, while mapping out enterprise roadmaps and an effective Information Systems landscape. You'll develop and maintain architecture planning in collaboration the Director and broader architecture team. In this influential role you will have the opportunity to shape significant parts of the technical strategy, vision, principles, and practices within our organization.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Contribute significantly to enterprise architecture strategy, vision, roadmap, and standards to meet Columbia business objectives, helping Columbia in transforming to a Digital organization.
- Act as an advocate and educator for services approaches and modern integration architecture. Drive evolution and reshape the data integration landscape to deliver high-quality, reusable enterprise data, as data happens.
- Be the Product Owner of the enterprise services integration landscape outcomes, roadmapping RESTful services and APIs to serve enterprise business programs with modular architecture and reusable services. You will engage business and technical stakeholders, understand program dependencies, and roadmap service evolution to meet Columbia needs.
- Develop standard patterns, practices and technology for integration and services.
- Collaborate with Columbia teams to design effective IS enterprise solutions, Cloud native technology and architecture, while supporting key Columbia projects.
- Provide a particular focus on services design leadership and modern event-driven data integration.
- Create educational materials and facilitate communications to help and enable others to Cross the Chasm to new technology and practices
- Analyze and document the current architecture state, be a major contributor to the desired future state and create roadmaps to transform the IT landscape.
- Research and monitor industry technology trends to drive strategic and innovative change. Make recommendations on the use of emerging technology and industry practices.
- Create, maintain, and publish enterprise reference architectures with appropriate level of detail.
- Assess risk and opportunities for improvement in the landscape and make concrete recommendations for implementation.
- A guru of services design and integration patterns for reliable, near-real-time data interaction using Cloud technology, event-driven architecture, and well-designed RESTful services.
- A strong advocate and contributor to modern architecture, Cloud strategy, quality engineering practices and implementation
- Able to envision a strategy, communicate and promote, and then dive in to help others achieve the vision
- A team player that contributes to a positive team environment; work with others at all levels to create innovative solutions
- An excellent communicator that can package and deliver a succinct message for education and advocacy with a variety of audiences
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and build understanding from complexity
- A subject matter expert that takes a global perspective, searching for solutions and driving continuous improvement while managing multiple priorities aligned with IT and Business objectives
- 10 + years of IT experience with growth in responsibility and expanding technical expertise including 5 + years architecting effective and transformational information technology implementations with an emphasis on designing modern and effective technical solutions
- Experience as a technical lead, delivery manger, lead architect or related positions
- Evaluation of, and hands-on design and development experience on a major Cloud platform (Microsoft Azure preferred or Amazon AWS)
- Experience with microservices architecture, service design and integration patterns, RESTful services. Experience with progressive design practices – Domain Driven Design, Design Sprints preferred
- Prior hands-on experience with DevOps team practices and pipeline orchestration platforms (e.g. Microsoft DevOps, Chef, Puppet, Ansible…)
- Experience collaborating with security and operations leaders to incorporate risk mitigation and efficiency outcomes in architecture
- Experience contributing to collaborative architecture engagement on Agile project teams