We believe in the power of people. We are a network strategy and technology company that is motivated by making a difference in people’s lives – their productivity, their creativity, their health and comfort. That’s why we design and implement technologies and services that result in great outcomes.
The Infrastructure Architect will develop a detailed knowledge of the underlying infrastructure services and products and provide strategic direction on data center, infrastructure as a service, how platforms and apps make use of the infrastructure and interrelationships between infrastructure and apps as more and more apps evolve to be cloud based.
The overarching responsibility for an Infrastructure Architect is agility and cost of Infra.
What will you do at Ciena?
- Define vision, strategy and principles for IT and Enterprise infrastructure
- Evaluate technology, market trends and industry plus identify prospective impact on business.
- Perform as a sounding board as well as IT consultant for business leaders to develop IT infrastructure solutions.
- Develop implementation plan for infrastructurearchitecture on basis of IT strategies and business requirements.
- Enforce infrastructurearchitecture execution as well as ongoing refinement tasks
- Stimulate evaluation plus selection of entire infrastructurearchitecture standards commensurate with IT’s business partners.
- Consult project teams to fit infrastructurearchitecture assignments and identify need to modify infrastructurearchitecture to attain project requirements.
- Identify need to change overall Enterprise technical architecture to incorporate infrastructure needs.
- Consult with project teams of infrastructure development to fit entire architectureinfrastructure.
- Identify opportunities for infrastructure automation and formulate and lead a strategy for implementation
- Identify and lead strategy on enterprise requirements for structures, resources and cultural modifications required to support infrastructurearchitecture.
- Ensure documentation of entire architecture design and evaluation work.
- Develop and execute communication plus education plan for infrastructurearchitecture.
- Serve as the liaison between infrastructure consumer representatives and software/apps development and governance teams
- Inform and interpret infrastructure project sponsors
- Understand and articulate how infrastructure is, or will be, used and implication on people, processes, products and technology
- Represent InfrastructureArchitecture in the Enterprise Architecture Body
- Participate to develop and manage ongoing enterprise architecture governance structure on basis of business plus IT strategies.
- Promote organization architecture process and results to organization inclusive of business leaders and enterprise’s IT.
- Ensure optimal governance structure and comply with activities related to infrastructurearchitecture adherence.
- Typical Job Activities:
- Define and Implement
- Enterprise Cloud Strategy
- Enterprise IT Datacenter Strategy
- Enterprise Infrastructure standards
- Enterprise Infrastructure Governance functions and frameworks
- Enterprise InfrastructureTechnology Use Map
- Enterprise Collaboration Strategy
- Set Goals and Measure
- Cloud Migration progress
- DevOps and Agility Improvements
- Infrastructure Service Cost management
- Sponsor, Lead and participate in
- Enterprise infrastructure Initiatives
- Enterprise Architecture forums and processes
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, IndustrialEngineering).
- Advanced degree in Applied Mathematics, Business Analytics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science or related fields is a plus.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsibleexperience in a directly related area, during which both professional and management capabilities have been clearly demonstrated.
- Knowledge of Virtualization, containerization, infrastructure as code, next gen datacenters, continuous integration and delivery in the Telecom Manufacturing Industry a plus
- Experience in
- Cloud Technologies and Strategy
- Hybrid Cloud Models
- Infrastructure as Code
- Next Gen Datacenter technologies
- Cloud Migration
- Collaboration Technologies
- Programming languages and software development
- Track record of being part of delivering value using Enterprise Architecture methodologies
- Track record of communicating and influencing the customers and stakeholders
- Track record of understanding company’s business and be able to tie back IT services to business needs
- Proven Customer Satisfaction Approach
- Agility in reaching milestones and goals including knowledge of and practiced in agile methods of delivery
The Ciena Experience:
Rewarding experience. Meaningful outcomes.
Make no mistake that we’re committed to developing leading networktechnology. But our path to innovation stems from our culture and outstanding people. We embrace diversity, celebrate inclusion, and champion ideas—across the table and around the world. This is the Ciena network. You won’t find complex organization charts and stiff protocols here! Innovation travels faster in an atmosphere where ideas can be freely discussed and brainstormed on the fly. A big part of work is about enjoyingmore satisfying outcomes—both personal and professional.
Becoming a Ciena employee:
What you can expect from us
- You will receive notification of your successful application
- Successful applicants will be contacted by Talent Acquisition for an initial discussion.
- If suitable you will be considered for the short list and our formal interview process
Ciena values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender and age.
Ciena is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific needs / accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to any specific needs / accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Tracking Code R006245