As an Enterprise Architect, you are defining and executing architectural strategies that cut across custom software and 3rd party software components to help us reach our corporate strategic initiatives. To do this effectively you will need to understand multiple architectural patterns across many technology domains as well as individual department goals, concerns, and constraints. Additionally, you will work with teammates from all levels of the company and turn vision into strategic direction.
- Define enterprise capabilities across technology domains necessary to achieve long-term corporate strategic initiatives.
- Lead adoption and implementation of enterprise level principles, roadmaps, guidelines, and standards that govern custom software and 3rd party software components.
- Collaborate with Solution Architects to design project solutions, manage the technology portfolio, review platform features, and monitor technology alignment.
- Participate on workgroups in the product evaluation and selection process to represent our strategic direction.
- Research and analyze emerging technology and alternate solutions to evaluate suitability to include in the technology portfolio.
- Consult with department stakeholders to understand current and future technology and data needs.
- Partner with affiliated companies to recommend and coordinate joint initiatives.
- Negotiate and work with external firms to ensure successful delivery of products and services.
- Understand a wide variety of cloud technologies, software development, integration strategies, and core infrastructure to design solutions that are reliable, adaptable, cohesive, high performing, and consistent.
Education, Experience and Required Skills:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 10 years of experience in Information Technology or an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- 5 years of experience as a lead developer or architect of multi-tier/multi-server applications.
- 5 years of experience in an agile development environment practicing scrum or Kanban.
- Experience in designing and implementing Microsoft Azure solutions or other cloud based systems.
- Experience in enterprise architecture domains: design patterns, business process flows, data management, identity management, integration technologies, web service management, user interface delivery scenarios, process workflows, software integration platforms, messaging, network traffic optimization, securitythreat modeling and mitigation.