The Enterprise Architecture (EA) team is made up of Enterprise Architects and Domain Architects that individually represent distinct facets of the holistic enterprise architecture. Enterprise Architect’s manage across the Enterprise landscape and Domain Architects define and maintain the domain-specific vision, architecture, roadmap and standards needed for strategic evolution of IT systems in harmony with the enterprise architecture.
As an integral member of the EA team, the Enterprise Architect - Digital will:
- Ensure enterprise and domain systems realize strategic value by maximizing reliability & availability, performance & scalability, security & compliance, manageability, data quality and effective integration aspects of application design & implementation
- Develop and maintain current-state domain architecture documentation in accordance with enterprise standards, including reusable architecture design packages and reference architecture
- Define and evolve future-state domain architectures that are both strategic and responsive to the constantly changing needs of the business, that reconcile the conflicting concerns of stakeholders and that achieve the right balance between IT efficiency and business innovation
- Work with fellow architects to define an annualized portfolio of IT transformation projects to address both long-term domain evolution strategies and near-term critical business needs
- Produce portfolio project initiation documentation that includes scope definition and high-level success criteria, conceptual architecture, ROM sizing, business case and key design decisions against which solution implementation teams can execute
- Provide leadership and consultative support to project-specific design activities (prior to the execution phase) and to project teams encountering significant design-related hurdles (during the execution phase)
- Provide governance as an active member of the Architecture Review Board to ensure conformance of all projects to the strategic enterprise architecture
- Continually develop as a knowledgeable practitioner in the field of Enterprise Architecture (EA)
- Continually develop as an Enterprise Architecture expert, always aware of enterprise and/or domain-relevant industry trends and emerging technologies and continuously evaluating their potential impact on the enterprise
This role is intended to cover three closely related enterprise architecture domains that are key to the high performance digital workplace: 1) Manufacturing 2) Engineering and 3) Enterprise Data
Specific to relevant enterprise domain(s), the Enterprise Architect - Digital will:
- Collaborate with the IT Business Services Team
- Develop & promote reference architectures for the enterprise.
- Support fellow enterprise and domain architects, and solution teams on in-flight projects with consultative guidance.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Computer Science, MIS, technology-enabled learning or relevant equivalent) or equivalent experience
- Masters’ Degree in Technology related field
- Trained/Certified in application of a recognized Enterprise Architecture framework (TOGAF certification is highly preferred)
- Exposure to ITIL & PMBOK & Lean/Six Sigma
- 5+ years (10+ preferred) of practical experience in the field of IT.
- Must be able to effectively define and clearly articulate the key elements of enterprise digital workplace strategies and architectures to audiences with varying degrees of technical experience
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and translate business requirements into comprehensive solution architectures; defined by high quality architectural design artifacts.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound architecture decisions that: are rooted in industry standards; leverage accepted architectural standards & patterns; and comprehend current and evolving technologies in the broader marketplace
- Demonstrated ability to bring resourcefulness and creativity to bear in solving problems and overcoming challenges to reach high quality solutions
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency
Allison Transmission is an equal opportunity employer. We have opportunities for all qualified applicants regardless of age, race, color, sex, religion, creed, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.