- 35% Develop and maintain the Enterprise Architecture roadmaps and reference architecture, with a focus on information management, articulating the direction for enterprise architecture to guide the organization in achieving a cost effective, efficient integration of applications and data, innovative use of technology for business purpose and providing flexible and extensible business solutions. Assess and adopt industry best practices for enterprise architecture frameworks, tools, standards and guidelines, and reference architectures and roadmaps to integrate business capabilities across the enterprise. Define infrastructure, security, application, data and integration standards, guidelines and best practices.
- 30% Participate in architecture process reviews with the purpose of providing guidance and governance as well as mentoring and coaching of IT staff on the Enterprise Architecture. Work with 3rd party vendors to ensure consistency with methodologies, controls, and documentation standards. Guide application areas in developing appropriate system technical maturity cycle planning. Actively participate in or lead business requirements definition and perform systems analysis and design in translating business requirements into technical direction. Assist IT project teams in engaging in the interpretation of business strategy and development of conceptual and technical architectures. Perform cross domain design and integration reviews of in-house and vended applications to ensure adherence to CUNA Mutual s Enterprise Architecture standards and best practices. Identify risks, opportunities, compliance issues or architectural concerns and make recommendations accordingly.
- 15% Lead applied research, evaluation and selection of technologies and methodologies which support the stated business objectives of CUNA Mutual Group and align with the Enterprise Architecture.
- 10% Provide direction, technical guidance, support and training to professional IT staff on Enterprise Architecture processes.
- 10% Proactively identify, execute, communicate and supportEnterprise Architecture improvement ideas.
The above statement of duties is not intended to be all inclusive and other duties will be assigned as needed.
4 year technology related degree or equivalent trade-off in related education and related professional work experience.
- 7 years IT work experience with the most recent 36 months as an architect, lead analyst or designer or equivalent trade-off in related professional work experience in information architecture and design of enterprise class, highly scalable, highly-available data structures, data access, data transformation and data modification solutions.
- High level of proficiency demonstrated in a business environment with application architecture and programming concepts, Service Oriented Architecture and web services, information protection, information management, and a standard development life cycle.
- Experience with hybrid and native cloud application architecture and design including IaaS and PaaS.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Proven ability to clearly and effectively communicate business and technical information, both verbally and in writing, and effectively mediate in situations where conflict arises and understands how and when to escalate issues to the appropriate levels within the organization.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate into architectural deliverables. Demonstrated skills in translating business requirements into technical specifications, project management and providing technical leadership to IT Professional staff.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and assess industry technology trends for applicability to the needs business of CUNA Mutual Group. Proven capacity to independently and proactively assess and assimilate industry-wide technology trends and emerging capabilities.
- Ability to problem solve and work collaboratively with other departments to meet complex business needs. Proven ability to collaborate and work horizontally throughout a complex organization including exposure across IT including, infrastructure, networking, security, data management, and application development.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, follow a project plan and meet project deliverables.
- Demonstrated skills in translating business requirements into technical specifications, project management and providing technical leadership to IT Professional staff.
Job Id: R-002076